Author Topic: 90 day visa  (Read 3025 times)

Offline kevmclean2001

90 day visa
« on: June 15, 2011, 14:52:54 PM »
hi
can anyone please advise me
i am over in calis for 18 days from 23rd june.
my 90 visa runs out the day before i return to uk,
will i still have to pay the £50 again as there are five of us,
is it checked on the way home or just when entering turkey[?]
thanks for any help

Offline Eric

90 day visa
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 14:57:18 PM »
Answer is yes.  It is stamped on entering AND leaving Turkey.  If you do not get a new tourist visa, when you try to leave 1 day after the old one expires you will be heavily fined.

Offline Firo

90 day visa
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 15:09:23 PM »
If you over stay your visa period, even by a few hours penalties are levied on a sliding scale.

An over stay of between 1 and 15 days - There is no restriction on re-entering Turkey but s/he will have to pay the appropriate visa fines and will need to obtain his/her new visa from a Turkish Consulate. In the case of people staying in Fethiye the nearest would be on the Greek Island of Rhodes. However, recent evidence shows most people are issued with their new visa by the imiigration police after paying a hefty fine.

Taken from Fethiye Times

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
90 day visa
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 15:15:26 PM »
The other thing that you need to know is that if your visa has expired, the red tape and general lack of urgency at the airport could mean that you are detained past your flight time. They will not be interested in your pleas to get things sorted as your flight is now boarding. Avoiding the stress of that possibility (and the cost if you do miss it) is 5x a tenner well spent - don't risk anything when it comes to Dalaman Airport.

Offline goater10

90 day visa
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 20:39:03 PM »
Hi

This wiil be our first time to Turkey and the first i have heard about a visa.  Do we need one for a two week holiday, i feel really silly now for not checking.  Haven't booked with a travel agents renting a villa in Calis. Thanks

Offline simpsons

90 day visa
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 20:45:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by goater10

Hi

This wiil be our first time to Turkey and the first i have heard about a visa.  Do we need one for a two week holiday, i feel really silly now for not checking.  Haven't booked with a travel agents renting a villa in Calis. Thanks

The answer is yes. They will issue you with one at the airport when you land. Will cost 10 pound per person.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
90 day visa
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 14:16:38 PM »
Goater10: As you enter the airport complex walk over to your right & join the queue for your visa BEFORE you go through passport control. You must pay in £ Sterling & it's currently £10 per person (they prefer £10 notes although they will give you change very reluctantly - not much good trying to pay with a £20 for 2 persons etc. as they only do 1 at a time!). You get a "sticky label" in your passport which is then stamped both in & out of the country, hope that helps.

Post edited, apologies to "simpsons" for getting the names wrong!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 17:07:25 PM by Supacabby »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
90 day visa
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 14:33:56 PM »
& the charge applies to everyone, even children & babies

Offline simpsons

90 day visa
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 15:48:59 PM »
Supacabby, thanks for the advice, but I was just helping out another member :). I dont need a visa,as I live in Turkey have residency. But thanks anyway. This is more aimed at Goater10, as its their first time in Turkey.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 15:53:10 PM by simpsons »

Offline hillside

90 day visa
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 16:10:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Supacabby

Simpsons:  not much good trying to pay with a £20 for 2 persons etc. as they only do 1 at a time!).

I've heard this before but I always hand over 2 passports and a £20 note and never ever had a problem ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf