Author Topic: 61% increase on my car insurance.  (Read 3970 times)

Offline scouser2

61% increase on my car insurance.
« on: June 17, 2011, 17:32:23 PM »
I went today to renew my car insurance. I have used the same broker for 2 years with no problems....until today.
After being in the brokers for nearly an hour,(I was told that his system was down, but at least 12 locals were sorted out by his partner whilst I was sat there) and supplying him with my tax number, passport number and residency number he eventually gave me a quote that was 61% more than last year!! I politely told him that I was not happy with his quote and told him I would shop around.
I walked up to Baris Sigorta, and asked the lady working in there to get me a quote. This she promptly did, and gave me a quote that was less than 10% more than last year. It pays to shop around!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 18:54:07 PM »
Same in the UK I'm afraid. My house insurance comes up next week. It was £31 per month. Renewal £48 per month. I rang them to ask them why it had gone up and the guy blamed inflation! I cancelled on the spot - went on to Confused.com and got a quote through the same company for £28 per month. Now I've gone elsewhere and found it even cheaper.

The company we were with was part of RBS - Privilige. Shysters!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 20:33:40 PM »
1 of the reasons I've decided to quit running a cab here in Brighton was my renewal of £1623.26, at 51 with a clean licence I was disgusted, under £1000 last year so something like a 60% increase & as much as I shopped around I couldn't get it much cheaper!

Anyone know what the average cost of scooter insurance is in Turkey, cos that's what I'll be riding?

Offline ladydiver

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
I have a scooter here in Turkey. The first year was 17tl, this year it was 32tl.  What it will be next ?????:D

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »
I own 2 Vans in my business. My Son who is 27 drives one and is insured with Direct Line. Last year £360, this year £3,200. I couldnt believe it.  Have insured now with Hastings Van Insurance but it still cost £860. I asked 'why so much' and was told it was due to the floods last year!!!   'Rip Off Britain' :(

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
To Scouser2, what company were you with, as our is for renewal soon and may have to change

Offline mavigoz

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »
we have had our scooter 4 years now and it has gone down every year , i think we paid 28tl last year.
we are with Axa sigorta, Nezihi Kestepli just round the corner of Sultan pastanesi in fethiye, both him and staff speak good english, very pleasant and helpful.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Supacabby

Anyone know what the average cost of scooter insurance is in Turkey, cos that's what I'll be riding?

We've paid 32TL for the last 3 years.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »
I paid 35 lira in May - not complaining  :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 14:41:46 PM »
Originally posted by AndyLin

To Scouser2, what company were you with, as our is for renewal soon and may have to change
[/quote
Lin we were with Fortis for the first 2 years (2.0ltr Berlingo)we paid about 840 each year, when it came up for renewal 3 months ago it was 1100tl.
I moved to Allianz ( Alper from ING got me some quotes his bank was to expensive) I think their office is above McDonalds, was 730tl and I got a copy of the policy in English as well.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf