Author Topic: AEGEAN NEWSPAPER  (Read 14761 times)

Offline tony jenkins

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 17:07:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by june

Ha Ha Tony....dont tell Andy I called him an idiot :D

Your secret is safe with me June  ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 17:14:38 PM »
I was just about to reply to your e mail June, don't think I'll bother now:D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 18:45:03 PM »
300 reads :) just as a matter of interest has anyone or knows of anyone who has enquired  about pepper sprays to deter dogs?

Offline anna-marie01

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 19:29:21 PM »
I think the guy who runs the Aegean paper is an absoulute IDIOT!! Talk about scaremongering. Maybe his aim is to frighten people away from Calis in case they come across one of the many 'vicious' street dogs!! I agree with Andy, 'Put up or Shut up'!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 19:36:16 PM »
it certainly is a strange way of treating your local advertisers, the people who pay for your free publication to be published in order to promote their business...hardly reader friendly.

Offline jackstee

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 19:39:08 PM »
However, I dont know which dog it was but it was big. Last week on the cordon, one of the village ladies pushing a migros trolley and collecting bits and pieces. Shae had about 4 dogs with her and one was very big, barked constantly and lunged with teeth at anyone within a meter.

jackie was very close to being bitten, I mean a centimeter.
Very unhappy dog.

For those that don't know we also have a doggy member of the family but that scared me also.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 19:48:07 PM »
Wheres the cordon Steve? ah is that near your house in Fethiye?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 20:13:14 PM by tinkerman »

Offline davybill

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
never had any trouble with the dogs in calis,they only want a bit of fuss,
they do chase the scooters that ride down the sea front.[rightly so in my mind]

Offline mac2010

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »
I agree most of the dogs are friendly but there is a couple that are not.There is two or three that take over a section of the road near nevada su hotel as you walk or drive your scooter towards the canal.Also there is a few owners with large dogs that do not walk them with leads around the same location.This makes walking your own dog difficult as you have to deal with them as well as your own.Not every one likes dogs so if they come towards you or your children it makes you panic.It is a proven fact that you can not guaranty how your dog will behave around people.So please think of other people and dog owners when walking yours.The sea front area is nearly impossible to walk along with your own dog as the stray ones do attack as they are very territorial.Please do not think I dislike dogs I dont I have one.

Offline farmer

AEGEAN NEWSPAPER
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Just to reply to Tinkerman re pepper spray to deter dogs.
Yes, a few years ago, I tried to get a spray: at the request of a Guest, after his wife had been bitten by a tagged dog in Calis, a wound severe enough to need a couple of stitches.
I enquired at "sporting" shop near the fish market in Fethiye. The owner would not supply me with a spray ( though he did say his "Pal" could get me one with no problem - though I gather not altogether legally)

The shopkeeper though was quite happy to supply me with a Taser!

The next year the Daughter of a visitor demonstrated her Rape Alarm. My two dogs bolted to the bottom of the garden and hid there for a good five minutes. It would seem the high pitched noise really did affect them. Perhaps those who feel so inclined could carry one of these?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf