Author Topic: rhodes  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Ray1951

rhodes
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »
Now that so many people are opting for 'residency', the Meis visa run is almost extinct AND costly.  I have just been to Rhodes with Yesil Dalyan at a cost of 97 YTL which included pick up and drop off from Calis.  When I went earlier in the year we went on the new boat the Aegean Princess which was lovely. This time however we travelled on the Poseidon - a wreck in anybody's books! The journey to Rhodes took 2 hours which was ok.  On the return the boat was late arriving and there was no information forthcoming.  Because of the Aegean Flight situation there were many people booking on the Marmaris and Fethiye boats because they had flown to Rhodes because of the hike in flights to Turkey because of Aegean going bust.  This resulted in the boats being jam packed with luggage and 'fractious' children (understandable). The return to Fethiye took two and a half hours.  Now this may sound like a "moan" but overall it was a good day.  The taxi to Spar, which is opposite from Lidl cost seven and a half euros and it has to be said that Lidl have a great selection at reasonable prices.  Also, the staff of Yesil Dalyan in Fethiye (a lady called Bahar) were fantastic.  When I called Meis Express, the prices quoted for transfers etc. made it a very expensive trips and much as Meis is a nice place, there is no choice of shops. If you have to do a visa run then Rhodes is the best option and hopefully you will get the Aegean Princess and not the"Vital Spark".

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
rhodes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
Ray, yesil dalyan is advertised in the sun express newspaper at the price of 40 euros = 100 lira at the present rate, visa  not included in price which is 15 euros = 37 lira. total cost 137 lira, meis express current price 120 lira, visa included. allthough i do know a lot of people prefer a day trip to rhodes, and yes meis dont have as many visa customers now but still do regular trips for holidaymakers who wish to go to kalkan, kas etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf