Author Topic: Visa stickers  (Read 1468 times)

Offline AndyLin

Offline screamlead

Visa stickers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »
Are all ports issuing this sticker on sticker now or is it just Dalaman?

Offline DavidNicholson

Visa stickers
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 14:13:51 PM »
We came over in May for 10 days and have one of the "valid for 180 days" visas.  We came over again in July, which was OK on that Visa, just as it would have been on the old "90 day" Visa.
We are due out again next week, and I was thinking that this trip would be covered by the "valid for 180 days" statement.

However, the article posted above seems to indicate that the 180 day Visas are being over-stamped with a 90 validity period.

So, here is the dilemma ......

Are the 180 day Visas valid unless they are over-stamped 90 days?  Ours are not, YET!  

Do we work on the basis that if they let us in, they will have to let us out?  

Do we pay a new entry fee anyway, just to be on the safe side?

Finally, how on earth can anyone be expected to believe anything official if at any time any person in authority can just say "that does not apply anymore, even if you have it in writing from an official Government source, we are over-ruling it, so tough!"
Amazing!

What would any of you do about entry on the 180 day Visa?

Offline jackstee

Visa stickers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 14:58:46 PM »
It does not matter what it say's. You get 90 days and that is it. If your late going out they will fine you.

My friend was nearly caught out last week with the same thoughts as David. Fortunately the conversation came up over a beer.

On the friday he checked it out with the British consul and it was correct. 90 days only.

Monday was his last day and he had to hire a car to Kas as there was no room on the Rodes ferry.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf