Author Topic: Finansbank  (Read 1650 times)

Offline marytheresa

Offline spencer family

Finansbank
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Does anyone know of anything happening within the Finans Bank, Turkey in relation to the problems in Greece?

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
You could preface this reply with "they would say that, wouldn't they?" but here goes.

We went into the bank a couple of weeks ago and asked the same question. We were shown and internal email from some bank bigwig that was essentially playing down any concerns about the possibility of cash in Turkish banks finding its way into the Greek economy. Even following a bank merger or sale, we understand that Turkish banking regulation do not allow funds in Turkey to leave Turkey, unless the account holder authorises this.

I recall that others had different views on this topic, so await the feedback. That's one of the things this site is really good for: differing points of view.

I recently read somewhere that one of the other banks that I had considered completely Turkish is firmly linked to the Belgian/French/ Luxemburg bank that is in trouble. Add to this that you can't trust British banks, I guess you deposit your money and take your chance; wherever that might be..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf