Author Topic: Does Dalaman have any good points?  (Read 2816 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Does Dalaman have any good points?
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 15:42:36 PM »
at least you can drop people off for free! at Bournemouth you have to enter the car park to do that, minimum charge £2.50!

Offline june

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 16:07:17 PM »
I dont know how you managed that Rimms, I have tried many times and got through the first security and stopped at the second....so its very hit and miss, which as you say is not particularly good.

Bewva - I totally agree with you, there is always someone asleep on the seats, obviously dont think anyone else is tired [:(!]

Scunner, I remember going over at the height of the swine flu and seeing those white clothed people sitting by the table, there apparently was a scanner that read your temperatures as you went past and they hauled you in if you had a temperature...I was dreading passing it...but a daunting sight on arrival as you say....

Dalaman is a complete rip off in every way but as it usually is so warm....No Air con on purpose....drink more !!..we usually have to buy a rip off bottle of water....and I really object to it...

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 17:35:05 PM »
We recently used the Domestic Terminal (the old International Terminal) and although it had its faults back in the day (queues at the height of season back out of the terminal doors) it seems much lighter, more comfortable and more welcoming than the new terminal which always reminds me of a multi storey car park without the cars! A deeply depressing dump.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 17:42:22 PM »
I was thinking about that too - even with the queues all the way out the main doors into the baking sun and heading back towards the ramp - and the chaotic snaking queues when you got inside where you could join the back of completely the wrong queue - it was a much better terminal. Your flight always seemed to board from one of only two gates - was it 1A on the left and 1B on the right :D

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 17:50:39 PM »
It might have been a better terminal when it's empty!  ;)

I seem to recall all the queues getting mixed up when they'd been called to their gates and no-one having a clue where to go!  It's a wonder we ended up on the right planes!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 21:19:59 PM »
Not to mention the tiny area where you had to go for a visa & then fight your way back out again

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by johnboy1967

i have to say i am always impressed at the speed of the baggage people at Dalaman, Bags are normally out by the time you have cleared the visa and passport control

Thats nothing to do with the handlers speed and everything to do with the customs queues being so slow!

Agree with everything thats been said I dislike Dalaman airport with a passion though I do think its preferable to the old terminal. Our last encounter was easy, all on time & few queues. Saying that we always take our own refreshments and never venture to the duty free rip off shop.

Offline marina

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
Same here cavfan, admittedly we don't come out at peak times though it's still pretty busy but we bring own food, don't venture into shops and can always find somewhere to sit while we wait.

Offline ribeye100

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
I agree totaly.

The new terminal is drab and boring, manned by people with attitude issues it would seem.

However I do remember arriving some years ago at the old terminal from Gatwick and the visa queues being so long that by the time we got to baggage collection the carousel was blocked by a jammed bag and all bags were being spat off and ending in a heap on the floor with no dalaman staff helping out, a nightmare!!

The only saving grace is that once out of Dalaman airport good times are only about 40 minutes away.  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »
Is my memory  playing tricks or was there also a time when they first started charging for the transfer buses to use the car park that the exit payment machines were placed on the opposite side to the driver? :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf