Author Topic: SGK  (Read 13942 times)

Offline cinders

SGK
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Saw this link on another site;
Turkish Government Clarifies Universal Health Insurance Scheme Conditions for Foreigners
www.fethiyetimes.com
hope it helps  C

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 20:04:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by joemerc

i am confused as i am 75 years old i have pacemaker with heart prob also diabetic with prostat prob  i cannot see how it will benefit me as they are existing probs so do not want to apply is it compulsory can anyone help

NO it is NOT compulsory. If you don't want to join you don't have to join.

Offline bigbear

SGK
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:17 AM »
Ref SGK. We have received a letter confirming registration and whent to the goverment bank gave our Kimlik No and we were on their records and paid. We were given a receipt. I havw check with a private hospital in Marmaris and they check their computor and we are on it.Hope this information helps.

Offline joemerc

SGK
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »
thanks for reply so i do not have to join but do i still have to register

Offline Flower-Pot

SGK
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
quote:

thanks for reply so i do not have to join but do i still have to register

Registering and joining are the same thing. If you register you must start to pay. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to be part of the scheme!

Offline tracey1398

SGK
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
i would urge anyone that has serious health problems to get treatment in uk if possible, after living in turkey for the last 4 years and now dealing with nhs hospitals again we forgot how good they are, they are far far advanced in medical treatment than turkey

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
SGK
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by LeeGlo

quote:

i am confused as i am 75 years old i have pacemaker with heart prob also diabetic with prostat prob  i cannot see how it will benefit me as they are existing probs so do not want to apply is it compulsory can anyone help

NO it is NOT compulsory. If you don't want to join you don't have to join.

But as I understand from a reliable source that now that it is clear that it is not compulsory after all...

if you would not have joined the scheme if you had known this is this case and now wish to leave - you can't.

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
Another case of different strokes etc.... In some area's people are being advised that if they have registered (when they thought it was compulsory) but do NOT wish to join they must take a letter to the SGK office to that effect. Other people say if you don't pay for a couple of months they kick you out of the scheme anyway so you don't need to do anything.

So for joemerc: If you haven't registered you don't need to do anything, if you have well .... the jury is still out on whether you need to tell the SGK office to cancel your registration.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:45:49 PM by LeeGlo »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
SGK
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 13:22:21 PM »
We registered even though we had our 1st residency for 6 weeks and we received a letter but it was not the same letter as our friends who have been here on a residency for 4 years. Their's had dates and an amount to pay whilst our basically seemed to be saying - we have your details on our system.

So I am still assuming they do not expect me to start paying until I have been here for 12 months - famous last words ........

Ian

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
SGK
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 14:07:06 PM »
Thats right Ian. x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf