Author Topic: SGK  (Read 13951 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
SGK
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 14:15:35 PM »
If you have "isssues" over the SGK please add them to the topic below.

It is an opportunity to inform a report that being prepared for the British Government about the issues facing British nationals living in Turkey.

Thanks

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}45961

Offline Firo

SGK
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 15:57:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tracey1398

i would urge anyone that has serious health problems to get treatment in uk if possible, after living in turkey for the last 4 years and now dealing with nhs hospitals again we forgot how good they are, they are far far advanced in medical treatment than turkey

Not always. When Eric had a heart mumour diagnosed he had the scans etc done here in Fethiye. They changed his medication (from the NHS rubbish the Heart consultant claimed)and when we later showed the new medication, which works better than his previous NHS medication, to the UK doc he said it was the best medication around but he was not allowed to issue it due to NHS high costs!
So therefore Eric would have been left on medication that did not work and take his chances. Not my idea of the best treatment available

Offline tracey1398

SGK
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
well everyones experience is their own and im glad it was better for your husband but mine has been left permantly disabled due to the operations and care he recieved

Offline Ivan

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 15:46:22 PM »
Went to SGK today i registered then recieved a letter that said because my RP was not yet 1 year old i am not accepted into the scheme. but as it costs double for single people and my private ins is a lot cheaper i have decided not to join . nice lady in SGK office said that if i still wanted to join iwould have to fill out form again in April when my RP is one year old so i won't bother.
for me private ins is 1080tl per year, i was 55 when i joined it (second year of having it) in hospital treatment only unlimited. also lots of people want to know how do we cancel or get out of the scheme? she said keep in contact with your embassey thinks something will change in the near future. at the moment if you join you must pay she said.???

Offline Denton

SGK
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 16:00:57 PM »
Just a personal update on SGK.  Paid at Zirrat Bank last Thursday (all 3 months unfortunately).  Got raging toothache yesterday so went to the Devlet hospital in town (between Migros and Market
Traffic Lights.).  Was in the Dentist Chair within 20 mins, had the Xray, given two injections, and had the tooth out.  Total time from in to out was 45 mins.  I never felt a thing and the place must have had about 10 Dentists all working there.  It was clean, and had modern equipment.  No charge as I had SGK.

Offline grizabella

SGK
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2012, 20:46:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tracey1398

i would urge anyone that has serious health problems to get treatment in uk if possible, after living in turkey for the last 4 years and now dealing with nhs hospitals again we forgot how good they are, they are far far advanced in medical treatment than turkey

Sorry,but I have to disagree with you.I had 2 major surgerys to my spine last year at the Akdeniz Hastanesi in Antalya and couldnt fault the medical teams.I had a previous surgery in the Uk which was unsuccesful.These recent operations have recified years of pain and lack of mobility.The cleanliness of the hospital was much better than I have experienced in NHS hospitals with the cleaning staff coming twice a day to wipe down the rooms and clean the floors.Even climbing on chairs to clean surfaces above head height.You wouldnt get that in the UK.It was also about a quarter of the price I would have had to pay if I'd gone private in the Uk to save me being on a 6 month waiting list.

Offline Evie

SGK
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 08:03:01 AM »
Joined SGK 23rd Jan - on system 15th Feb and paid two months subscription at Ziraat bank (as previously mentioned). Went over to Esnaf hospital where checked I was on system and refunded me 460TL of the 540TL I paid for treatment in early Feb.

Offline Evie

SGK
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »
Friend of mine joined SGK with many existing conditions - went to Esnaf - no problem all treated on SGK

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
That's excellent news Evie. We finally managed to pay on 29th Feb for Jan & Feb same as you. Checked with the chemist in Fethiye yesterday and we are now on the system.

Just a small question, while we were in Ziraat bank we spoke to someone (expat) who advised us that we would need to keep taking our receipts to the SGK office to prove payment as the bank's system wasn't directly linked. Has anybody else been told this officially.

Offline apollo

SGK
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 09:27:47 AM »
If the systems were not linked you would be unable to pay at the bank.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf