Author Topic: Motorbike licence  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
Motorbike licence
« on: July 17, 2012, 20:57:28 PM »
After a lot of travelling around I am now the proud owner of my Turkish car licence (and infortunately approx 400 TL poorer) so now starts the process of getting a motorbike licence as I didnt realise my English licence does not cover me here.

Cant seem to find any info on how to obtain this as was told the procedure has recently changed. has anyone aquired a bike licence recently and if so, could you tell me the procedure and rough cost, also time frame as I was also told the tests are only twice  a year which seems a bit extreme.

Thanks in advance for any info received

Offline Diverbaz 1

Re: Motorbike licence
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:47:11 AM »
If your UK license has the A class (I think it's the same on a UK license) vehicle on it, you should have added it when applying for the car license. You will now need to go through the whole procedure again to add the the motor cycle coverage.

When we did our licenses, it was at the "medical" stage when the A2 and B were put on the document signed by the doctor to say we were fit to drive.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
Re: Motorbike licence
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 20:33:45 PM »
Thanks diverbaz for your reply. My medical bit says ok for A2 and B but my English licence only covers 50cc mopeds,never took a proper test so now have to do that for a bigger bike.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf