Author Topic: re Kaya Koy  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Crimsonpoppy

• Newly Registered
re Kaya Koy
« on: September 15, 2012, 00:03:32 AM »
hello

have i been mislead into believing that foreigners are NOT permitted to buy in Kaya Koy?

Why are there foreign owners and properties for sale via "kosher" agents?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: re Kaya Koy
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 00:30:33 AM »
Are you looking to buy in Kaya Koy?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »
have i been mislead into believing that foreigners are NOT permitted to buy in Kaya Koy?

No, but you may have been misled into believing that anyone can buy land AND build in Kaya Koy.

Offline Crimsonpoppy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 14:16:28 PM »
i wanted Kaya koy.

my dream is an old stone house if i became rich. saw some beauties i may have sold my liver for. was told these are not legal as in paspatur turks only. that certain people mixed with backhanders etc.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 15:33:53 PM »
Well, we've owned land and a house in Kaya for over 10 years now and, even after all this time, I couldn't tell you whether or not it's legal.

I've been taken to court after being accused of building illegally, been aquitted, paid a "fine", and we've got TAPUs, but they keep moving the goalposts.

Offline Crimsonpoppy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 15:54:21 PM »
Am sorry to hear that. It's one of main main gripes about my lovely turkey coupled with my need to know things definitively is that you can't get straight answers.
Especially when people tell you to chill out . Amusing quirkiness is one thing but banking and legal should be set in stone and info easily gained.

I really hope the gaining of your TAPU means all ok. Not fair for you. Any fines imposed on those who sold to you ? I bet not.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 17:09:17 PM »
Well I know bugger all (technical term) about the rules in Turkey, but having lived all over the World
and even been forcibly thrown out of some countries at gunpoint I learned something. The first rule of living in, shall we say, not a long developed open regime such as the UK, some European Countries and the USA, is that there are no rules, and rule number 2 is refer to rule number 1!

Now I know this post will be most unpopular with the Estate agents here but much as I actually really like Kaya myself I would never buy there, or anywhere else, unless i could cheerfully lose my money and not care. because there is rule one to consider. I have seen so many friends lose everything as it was "safe", but forgot about rule 1. Even Lebanon was once regarded as a great Real Estate opportunity -- my friend Alan ended up owning two houses, a restaurant, a nightclub and left with a suitcase, a wife and a lovely daughter 20 years later!

We dont suddenly have Islamic revolutions in the UK, we dont have tribally influenced wars or strife, OK Ulster but that has been ongoung for 3 hundred years so we know about the dangers of shoplifting there -- lift it 100ft in the air! We dont have serious human rights issues, or subjugated tribes etc etc but it is a pain in the anus living here. So what do you do?

Well my plan whwrever I end up is simple, rent out high here and rent out lpow there, wherever you can do that and a nice lefestyle, just dont take too many suitcases! However, as it is not always easy to get what you want, if I won the lottery I would buy, after all I could afford to lose it!

Meldrew Al Believeit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf