Author Topic: Over staying the 90 days in 180 days rule the facts  (Read 6929 times)

Offline micky mouse

Over staying the 90 days in 180 days rule the facts
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
I have just returned home from my villa in turkey after spending 115 days there this year,to put peoples minds at rest who may have over stayed the worse senarino is a fine of 220lira which i was happy to pay.But if you do not pay up then you will be banned for 5years,another friend of mind over stayed by 2 days and was fined the same amount.But the fine may differ if you over stay longer that i dont know.But if you do over stay its a abit of a night mare paying the fine because they only except lira so i had to go outside to the cash point to draw the money out.So if you do over stay make sure that you have some spare lira to pay your fine.I feel this is a silly law and must be costing the country money in tourisam as normally i would spend much more time out in turkey under the old laws.I know that you have the option of residency but one thing they require is a bank statement showing at least £3,000 Pounds in it and many people these days dont have that amount so its not possible to do.

Offline Eric

Re: Over staying the 90 days in 180 days rule the facts
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 20:17:58 PM »
A wage slip or a pension slip showing you can support yourself, over 800 TL per month I believe, will suffice if you do not have £3,000 in the bank.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 23:55:20 PM »
Eric's correct....when we applied for residency, didn't even have to present our bank statement.  My husband and I both receive UK state pensions, and a copy of letters detailing the amount of our state pension for the fiscal year was all that was required.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 19:56:18 PM »
I was just looking at my intended plans to go to Turkey next year what with booking time off work
1st visit was to be 29th April - 6th May
2nd visit 16th July - 29th July
3rd visit 24th October - 1st November
these days being specific to flights that I can get from Northern Ireland & working it out days etc Im going to not be allowed back into Turkey for my last visit until 26th October .... cant believe it 2 days out -would they stop you coming in or could you pay a fine on arrival anyone any experience of this    Diana :(

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 20:30:56 PM »
Hi Diana, I make your 180th day 25 October 2012 which is even worse (just one day) but if you are on a late evening flight not arriving until 26 October you will be fine.  Is your first flight on 29th April a day or late evening flight? You might be able to squeeze an extra day based on the times of your arrival.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?d1=29&m1=04&y1=2012&type=add&ay=&am=&ad=179&aw=

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
29th April flights gets us in 30th April 0105
24th October gets us in 2340

think Im stuffed will have to have a rethink

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
But you are not staying more than 90 days in 180??

Offline Marggie

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Arrives 30 April, making 180th day Saturday 27 October.  You are correct LRD in that Diana is not staying more than 90 days but when she arrives on 24 October she will not have enough days left on her visa as, come what may, she must leave Turkey on the 180th day and cannot return until 181st day.  Her last holiday in October will straddle the 180th and 181st days.

She would either have to leave Turkey for one day or change her October plans to arrive on or after 28 October.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
Ok sorry, all a bit confusing for me!
Could you not just buy another visa?
Would they really look through them all?
I ended up with overlapping visas this hear as Istanbul would only recognise 90 days.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 13:02:26 PM »
Yes, it is all very confusing and for a country with large numbers of tourists every year not a good idea.

However, I understand Dalaman have been applying the new rules.  If Diana tries to enter Turkey on 24 October she risks being refused entry as she will only have a couple of days left on her Visa.  She could try buying a new Visa and hope that they are not too strict.   Some other points of entry to Turkey have been giving new Visas after 90 days - consistency would be good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf