Author Topic: living in Ciftlik  (Read 17277 times)

Offline Pompeylil

Re: living in Ciftlik
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 16:27:22 PM »
hi Sandy, seen the area on google but no idea as to how to copy it to here
quite near the top of the village but near to the council bus route
easy walk down to market area and melissa super market, (about the size of your average corner co op)
when I say walk down its not a huge hill its just a gentle slope!!!!!
nice part of the village

I would recommend Ciftlik to anyone its just lovely!

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 16:36:07 PM »
Thanks Carol, brill that,s what i was hoping to hear, we are booking flights to come out on the 23rd to have a look around, really excited lets hope the villa is what we are looking for.

Thanks for your help will update you with the outcome.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 16:41:22 PM »
http://maps.google.com/?ll=36.699359,29.094222&spn=0.004344,0.00883&t=h&z=17

ha clever girl me, managed the link = but not the picture,
the road running along the top has the canal running along side it too
this it the top of the village.  I would say a 20 minute walk down into the village but maybe someone else will correct me if I
am wrong. 

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 16:54:14 PM »
That,s great we know where the villa is now, appears to be in a lovely spot.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 18:23:41 PM »
Hi sandy,some people knock the place but i love it,myself and a friend purchased holiday homes in ciflik over 10years ago and we love the place.Where you are looking is up at the top of the village and its lovely up there,i did have a friend living up there but is now back in the uk as she lost her husband.Down at the local beach there are many expats living down there a few bars ect and many english holiday home owners so you have the best of two worlds.And of corse you have the option of calis ect,thats if you like the rat race at least the bars in ciftlick are abit cheaper to eat and drink out,good luck.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 18:34:04 PM »
Some people might knock it but not me. I know different people like different areas because I sold properties for years. My comments refer to a gentle ribbing of another Ciftlik purchaser in the CBF chat room.

What is important is to visit it before falling in love with a concrete lump with windows. You may well love it to bits and you may well hate it. That goes for all areas, even Calis (believe it or not  :) )

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 18:48:41 PM »
Thanks all, for your opinions and information I will look forward to our visit in a couple of weeks , but on saying that the weather has just forcast a bit of snow here, so the world as we know it will come to a dead stop although they are reporting on the news that we are ready ! we shall see.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 19:23:20 PM »
one other thing to remember, is what you view today and fall in love with might not be the same in 10 years, there is lots of development planned around Ciftlik, take a trip to the council office next to Melissa see if there are any plans for biuldings near to where you are looking. Also make a point of talking to people in the area for their views, a good place for a chat is always the Pide shop in the village as it is used by many expats.
Dont let the agent pressure you into buying either the economic situation is the same in Turkey as the UK regarding building work, theres plenty for sale out there.
I have had a property in the area for over 10 years now and still love the area.

Offline sandy ann

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 20:36:01 PM »
yes a very valid point will definitely take your advise on this many thanks

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 20:47:48 PM »
.....and if you can, view some with another agent as well (you will get lots of recommendations on here if you need them) as this will give you a more rounded view of the area and properties out there

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf