Author Topic: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014  (Read 40942 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 18:46:23 PM »
Yep, it happened to someone a couple of days ago on FB.

Offline davybill

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2015, 20:25:29 PM »
The latest information is all residency owners are liable for their own RPs,
and the passport police don't check for how many days you have had coming in,
but when you fly out you are liable for heavy fines, if you have over 120 days out of turkey in a year,
and the RP,cancelled,

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
I'm sorry but the last post looks like complete misinformation to me. For a start, where have these "heavy fines" come from? I think you are mixing up the procedure for the tourist visa where you will get fined if you over stay 90 days in 180 on leaving the country.

The 120 day rule applies to holders of residence permits (both cards and blue books) and that is calculated on the date you enter the country. At this point how many days you have been out of Turkey in the past 365 will be calculated and if that total is more than 120 then you will be required to enter on a tourist (90 day visa) and your RP will be cancelled. There are no fines involved.

When I enquired specifically about this I was told that the passport police have a system that calculates the period.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38:28 AM »
When I enquired specifically about this I was told that the passport police have a system that calculates the period.

Yes, you're totally correct.  However, it would appear that the polis don't have a record of whether or not an RP has been cancelled under the 120 day rule - as usual, it seems to be all a bit hit or miss in how the new regulations are being implemented.  I've recently heard of someone going to the yabanci polis to sort their, as they thought cancelled, RP out only to be turned away because as far as the polis are concerned it was still valid.

JF

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 17:34:59 PM »
There are no fines involved.

When I applied for my new one as told I couldn't renew current one due to being out more than 120 days, although I had an evisa as told to buy by passport police, I was still fined 40TL for being a day late renewing which didnt make sense to me but I paid happily just to get permit. Think everything is decided on the day depending on which way the wind blows. The new permit also had same Kimlik number as i had before so I wonder if the previous 3 years will still count towards the 8 years?

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2015, 18:48:21 PM »
Your eight years has been re-set to zero I'm afraid, you were not fined for staying away for more than 120 days which was my point regarding the previous post, it seems they imposed a fine on some other obscure rule regarding your renewal.

Offline davybill

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2015, 20:09:53 PM »
I think we will have to wait and see regarding fines Rimms, as this isTurkey,
As on a meeting in Kas ,it says there is no flashing lights telling the custom police
How many days you have been out of the country when you come into turkey with your residency.
So the check, will probably be when you go out.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: Summary of the New Law - on Residence Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2015, 20:26:24 PM »
I've read it somewhere that the immigration police at entry points only have the facility to check that your RP is in date and/or you have a E Visa.

I can't find it, maybe somebody else has read it.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2015, 21:14:38 PM »
Davybill, you make my point for me. The fines which you obviously dreamed up in the first place but then stated in your original post that they will be imposed heavily on exit, now you are mis quoting what was said in the meeting organized by the Kas Kaymakam but guessing that these none existent fines "will probably" be imposed when you exit (because "this is Turkey)

I specifically asked a person who was at that meeting in Kas if the passport police will have to manually check the date stamps in everyone's passport and then get a calculator and work out the number of  days outside within the past 365 and was told that the software that is used to scan your passport each time you leave and enter the country will be used to work out this calculation, otherwise you would cause several hours wait at passport control. Whether this system has "flashing lights" or not and whether it's in place already I don't know, but what I do know is that I'm not making inaccurate wild guesses which adds stress and further worry to a lot of people who will be affected by these rule changes.

There is a meeting next week with all of foreign consulates and the DGMM where all of the concerns about this rule change will be discussed. Let's wait until that's happened before throwing any more speculation onto this already overheated fire.

Offline davybill

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »

I agree with you Rimms let's see what the outcome of the meeting  is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf