Author Topic: Esnaf hospital  (Read 8053 times)

Offline tayged

Esnaf hospital
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 16:15:06 PM »
Hi , my mum has a fall two days into our holiday and was taken to Esnaf.  She had a hip replacement op.  No idea what it cost as insurance dealth with it, and upto that point everything wa fantastic.  Mum was even good the day after her op.  Once the surgeon had finished with his level of care for her everything went down hill.  The nurses were lovely but we had no idea what they were giving her or who was in charge of her level of care.  We finally got her back to England where she was rushed into hospital wtih Septasemia and kidney failure.  We have since tried to get information from the hospital who were fare from co-operative.  One mroe week and she wouldn't have made it.  Still trying to sort out the insurance claim.  Would be really worried if I had anything wrong with me in  Turkey!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 19:25:46 PM »
I have just had an irritating experience with Esnaf.  They did tests and told me I was OK.  When I noticed further problems I went back to Esnaf, they told me I was 70% likely to be OK and then sent me to Izmir.  Izmir said the x rays done at Esnaf were badly positioned and too white to show detail (and yet Esnaf told me I was OK on the strength of the results of those x rays).  I had to pay a further 115ytl to have the x ray redone at Ege in Izmir.  Now they want me to return for further tests.  Another 4 hour journey.  If the ~x rays had been better quality I could have gotten the other test done while I was there instead of facing yet another trip to Izmir.

I complained to Esnaf and was told that the tests done at Ege are more accurate than 90% of the hospitals in Turkey, however, they don't remember my x rays.

Irritating yes, but also frightening to think they told me I was OK using badly done x rays as a basis for a diagnosis.  Now I am wondering who is best to go to.  I have heard good and bad reports about Esnaf.   It seems to depend on who you see there.

Offline Nicnic

Esnaf hospital
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:17 AM »
I finally went to see the Ear,nose and throat doctor last friday, after taking numerous antibiotics for what i thought i had a throat infection, say the doctor and he said i had tonsillitis, so he prescribed me a course of injections twice a day , so i paid for the doctor then the prescription of injections and the needles, then i go twice a day for the injections, but also listen to this i also have to pay 2ytl for someone to give me then, cant beleive this really, i would of though that the initial consultation, would of included giving me the injections.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 15:28:50 PM »
A consultation is just that. A consultation. Injections are the treatment. I think 2TL is a cheap price to pay for having a nurse give you an injection.Private medicine is a hell of a lot more expensive in England.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2008, 14:35:51 PM »
Having spent 4 days in Esnaf Hospital a relapce of diviculitis though it was prostate problems just been released staff brilliant  could not do enough for you talked me through the whole process the test etc and why they where giving me that test and a diet for the problem this is a lot more than I got in the uk, Comes Highly recommended from myself and saves me a flight back to the uk

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 15:02:20 PM »
I am really glad you are happy with Esnaf.  I hear good and bad reports.  So that makes it the same as any hospital in the UK, eh.  Sadly I am still having trouble with Esnaf.  A test they were supposed to do wasn't done.  I thought they had done it and have waited weeks for the results while being told maybe the lab was busy.  Now I am told they didn't do it!  The doctor didn't tell me he hadn't done it, he didn't say he was having trouble and was going to give up.  I never complained about discomfort making him give up either.  He has now offered to try to do the test again.....  Very odd.  The whole thing has been an unsettling experience.  Maybe I have just been unlucky.  

Anyway, glad you are feeling better and best wishes to you from us both  :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Esnaf hospital
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 15:15:36 PM »
Thanks Lynne/Dave I Do know what you mean as i had a minor problem before( and no this should be in the joke section)it seemes what staff are on at that time and the work load, it should not but appears so

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf