Author Topic: New law of work/resident permits 2014  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
New law of work/resident permits 2014
« on: May 28, 2013, 18:18:44 PM »
Hi I have read the new law starting 2014 re work and residents permits and am confused....as are most I should imagine!

Long story short I own a property in calis and look to move and start a business. I know a lot of people strongly advise against this and I can see why after extensive research, however, I have cash and want to buy a bar. No mortgages, debts, etc.

The new law says you can use your work permit as a residents permit, however, I cannot see anything further issued about work permits. So main questions are;

1. The old law states that you must live and work in turkey for 5 years to get a self employed work permit. Is this still going to be the case?

2. Will foreigners who open businesses in turkey still have to employ 5 Turkish people? I was thinking more like 2!

3. Once the new law is past how realistic is getting a work permit if you are from the UK?

4. It says under the new resident permit law that you can apply for a resident permit (short term initially) if you are opening a business. Why would you apply for this if you can use a work permit as a resident permit, which you would need to work in your own business anyway?

I am coming to Turkey next week so will enquire further, but Any help in the meantime would be much appreciated.

Thanks   :)

Offline Eric

Re: New law of work/resident permits 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 18:21:11 PM »
1 Answer to all your questions.......DON'T DO IT!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 18:23:07 PM »
Yep. What he said.

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 18:25:52 PM »
Why not? There are English/Irish pubs in Fethiye run by English so this cannot be impossible. They seem to be doing ok!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 18:30:47 PM »
You'll do well. You've already got the Turkish mentality. 20 bars fighting for business on a street, let's open another.

Why don't you just put your money in a pile and set light to it. At least you'll have the benefit of some heat and light from it.

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 18:35:25 PM »
The bar for sale is English, no others in the area. They are selling due to retirement. Not quite the same. Books look good. Alternatively I can rent my house out in England, collect the money and sit on my arse. Always a good option! But firstly answers to any questions below would certainly give me more of a idea.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 18:35:49 PM »
Why not? There are English/Irish pubs in Fethiye run by English so this cannot be impossible. They seem to be doing ok!

Sorry but you won't get much encouragement to follow the path you describe, it generally ends in disaster and people are trying to help by warning you of this. You will not get a work permit to run a bar. Fact.

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 18:42:20 PM »
Hmmmmm, maybe il just rent the house out here then. Hopefully the law will change more in our favour one day. Thanks.

Offline Lotty

New law of work/resident permits 2014
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 18:43:03 PM »
I might be wrong but I thought that as a foreigner, to open a business here you have to have a Turkish partner in said business? I'd be very wary, those dreams often end in disaster. Actually I can't think of a purely British business.

Offline Louz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 18:53:26 PM »
I read that somewhere, certainly not a route I would go down. I think this has been lifted now. The law changes all the time which certainly doesn't help when trying to find these things out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf