Author Topic: Tranfers  (Read 8609 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Tranfers
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 23:26:05 PM »
Well I am half way between the two of you  :)

I have had no significant problems with Pegasus, for us we were more than happy with transfer and car hire, but the numerous reports of private transfers ending up as shared does make me think about where my future business will go.

I have nothing against shared transfers, actually I love them as I always know half the people on it, but if I pay for private that's what I expect - crazy I know  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
To be honest I've not yet found a transfer company that hasn't let someone down at some stage. We've been lucky in that we have never had to wait long, always got what we paid for and generally had good service.

We ditched Orange a few years back but for separate reasons to do with our house maintenance. We stopped using Fethiye Lovers due to cost and tried A2B. This year we tried Pegasus due to their private offer for three being £2 more than using A2B.

I take as I find and next year I will book the best option for us at that time. I would use Pegasus again but make sure they know what I will expect from them before we fly. I would definitely go through Diane again at A2B as shared transfers are fine and cheap too - as long as you don't end up waiting forever to set off and be dropped off. Being in Koca Calis tends to mean we get kicked off early  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 17:21:02 PM »
Several couples on our complex regularly use Pegasus both for transfers and car hire... Our friends have used them long before we had ever heard of them.. None of them have been let down.. They were 5 mins late picking us up once as it was a new driver but what is 5 mins?   Their car hire prices are very competitive..

Offline IanK

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 17:45:57 PM »
We have used Orange for our own and friends transfers for the last 5 years and never been let down.

We have always booked (and got) private transfers - never tried shared.

Ian

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 19:31:31 PM »
We used Orange too, when we first bought our place in Calis.  We got picked up and then we stopped and picked up another couple who then when with us to the airport, we had paid for a private transfer.  At the time, being novices to the area we did not realise we should not be picking anyone else up.... We soon learned and soon changed companies.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 08:25:51 AM »
Quite right too, that's why I've never contemplated applying for my bus pass. No price to high for a bit of privacy and it does give you that "feel-good" factor.

Offline daveG

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
We too used Orange for many years with no problems but was tempted by price and tried Rain Transfers. We were rewarded with a "No Show"
on arrival at Dalaman at midnight ish!!
Back to Orange until this year, when we went for A2B, so far no problems.

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:12 AM »
I used A2B this time as a shared transfer.  I only had a short wait, before leaving the airport, although I know this can vary.   I was impressed with the overall service on this occasion for the price paid.   I always have that dread that my transfer will let me down.  But no 10 out of 10 this time.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 14:28:28 PM »
We have used A2B many times over the past couple of years (their shared transport).  As they have a stand at Dalaman airport, they were always there to collect us, no matter what time of night we arrived.  We had to wait once for about half an hour for another flight to arrive, but no big deal for what we paid!  Apart from that, usually left soon after arrival.   :)

On the return, we have had to make phone calls a couple of times as they were late, but on a shared transfer, it must be difficult to be bang on time, as customers are often late etc.  For the price, no complaints at all, and we preferred to send our 17 year old daughter back to the airport in a minibus full of other people, rather than in a private cab with just one other person - an unknown driver!

This year, we used Pegasus, after reading about their cbf offer.  The minibus was at the airport waiting for us, and it worked out at £5 a person one way!!!!  We have a private transfer booked for this weekend when we arrive (  :) ), and I have confirmed this today with Mutlu.  Surely if there are other people in the car, instead of the £25 one way for up to four people, if there were six in the car (£35), you adjust the payment to Pegasus accordingly?  I'm not complaining - instead of £25 one way for the two of us, I would pay £12.  As long as we're not hanging around too long, I'll just be happy to get to my "other" home!   :)

Offline tonyb

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 18:32:50 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't touch Pegasus with a ten foot barge pole. You don't get what you pay for & they also don't reply to your e-mails when you tell them so. I recall being picked up late (25 mins) a few years ago by a transfer company,we weren't late for our flight & on the way to the airport, the manager phoned the driver, who passed the phone to me & said there would be an e-mail when I arrive home. There was- next return transfer was free !!! I didn't believe it at first, but when we came out Calis they we as good as their word. Now that's what I call customer service. The company name- Fethiye Airport Transfers. And I make no excuse for naming them. You get exactly what you pay for. Nice vehicles, smart, polite drivers & excellent service.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf