Author Topic: A2B/ResortHoppa CC Fraud - CBF Mentioned on Travelmole Website  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A2B/ResortHoppa CC Fraud - CBF Mentioned on Travelmole Website
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »
Travel News website Travelmole has a story today about the A2B/Resorthoppa palava (allegedly) and they have been reading Calis Beach Forum.

"Customers have taken to internet forums to complain about airport transfer companies Resorthoppa and A2B after bank cards they used to book travel arrangements were allegedly misused.

Several customers claim their cards were used to make fraudulent transactions after they had booked travel arrangements with either Resorthoppa or sister brands A2B and Golfbookers over the summer."

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2008126&c=setreg&region=2

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: A2B/ResortHoppa CC Fraud - CBF Mentioned on Travelmole Website
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
Fame at last!!

But seriously, the power of a forum like this means that it can bring to light problems that hadn't been noticed.  (Hence the name forum I guess.)  Even though several people on the thread said that they'd approached Resorthoppa and A2B about their problem the company still said they hadn't been made aware of it.  They can't say that now.  I suppose one or two complaints would probably be normal in a company like that but now they're aware of a lot more and have a chance to sort it out and clear their name.  I must admit though that I'd rather use one of the companies that takes cash in the vehicle so no credit cards used.

I'm intrigued about the cards that were used to attempt flight booking.  If I were the fraudster I'd be concerned about being arrested at the airport when I checked in...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf