Author Topic: Baggage allowances.  (Read 2182 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Baggage allowances.
« on: October 23, 2013, 21:38:12 PM »
Does anyone know what the maximum amount of suitcases you can take on a one way flight to Antalya, or the maximum amount of weight you can take please.

I know jet2 have 3 suitcases @ 22kg each, but didn,t know if you can book that many one way only . I think I have missed the dalaman flights for this year.

Can anyone recommend a particular airline for maximum weight.

Thanks Bernie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Baggage allowances.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 21:54:14 PM »
Jet2 are definitely the cheapest for large amounts/weights. The airline most likely to turn a blind eye or at least go easy on you in my view are Turkish Airlines.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 22:02:49 PM »
Thanks scunner, will have a look.

Offline cazza

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 17:50:14 PM »
I flew to Dalaman with Jet2 a few weeks ago on a one way ticket and had 44kg allowance. I could have booked the 66kg, but I was travelling on to Ankara a week later by bus and thought I would struggle with carrying that much on my own!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 19:23:40 PM »
Thanks cazza, have until 4th nov to book with jet2 to dalaman until April 14,  otherwise its £8 per kg excess luggage with turkish airlines. Need to find out what others are charging too.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 20:18:36 PM »

Jet2 are definitely the cheapest for large amounts/weights. The airline most likely to turn a blind eye or at least go easy on you in my view are Turkish Airlines.

Turkish airlines didn't charge to take a kitesurfing board to Dalaman and then charged me £25 to take it back home

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 21:17:46 PM »
Lots of people said they can be quite lenient, wonder how i,ll go on with a out 60kg..lol

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 16:47:28 PM »
Do jet2 fly to Antalya? If you and slik are allowed 66kg each, that is quite a lot of weight? And perhaps you could persuade someone else to come out and have some winter sun and pay for their 66kg too.

Personally I wouldn't want to take chances with anything I felt I wanted so much that I was taking it half way round the world with me. I'd want to be sure they were going to accept it at the airport.

Antalya is a better option than Istanbul as you can do the last leg of your journey by road.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 18:50:01 PM »
Yes,don,t mind the journey from Antalya, it,s not unlike the Dalaman to Icmeler hike. If we go that route most certainly be having a night flight with a private transfer, so i,ll sleep through it.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 20:19:29 PM »
See how many people you can persuade to come out with you. I bet you are good at persuading.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf