Author Topic: The new RP conundrum  (Read 5288 times)

Offline watchman

• Newly Registered
Re: The new RP conundrum
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »
Hi, don't often post on here but drop in from time to time for useful updates.
I'm based in Akyaka. I attended the Consulate information meeting in Marmaris yesterday hoping for an update on the new Residence Permit system. (Due to implement in just 6 weeks or so)
The main things to take away from the meeting were:
The consulate hasn't finalised where the office will be located for this area (Marmaris or Mugla). I imagine there will be a similar decision pending for Fethiye area.
The charges for the new annual Permit have not been determined but will be made known through official websites (specifically the migration management department www.goc.gov.tr )and social media.
There will be an option to renew online but website currently under development.

There was no new information available other than that already out there on http://www.yellali.com/news/article/31/new-turkish-residency-rules-explained and other sites.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »
Thanks for the update Watchman.

If we can complete the renewal process online that will be a massive help.  Our residency runs out on 29 March 2015 - a time when we are normally still in the UK - thought we might have to take a Visitor's Visa at that time.  Was wondering if the 90/180 day ruling would kick in and prevent us getting an e-Visa as we would have been in excess of 90 days in Turkey in the preceding 180 days albeit on Residency.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 14:24:42 PM »
Thanks Marggie, I understand now. Fortunately it wont affect me. This year anyway.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 14:54:07 PM »
Have to say I am dubious about the ability to renew residency online.

How for example could proof of income be shown?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 15:00:33 PM »
If it's an online renewal it may be just a case of answering a simple question i.e. Have your financial circumstances changed ? Yes or No.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 15:34:50 PM »
I mention again
Turkey is presently part way through the signing of a new EU bill to allow Turkish citizens access to the EU states WITHOUT a visa.
Under the reciprical rules, does that not mean that they will do the same for EU residents and therefor we won't need a visa.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 15:50:47 PM »
Steve, read something about that but from memory it was something to do with countries who also operated  Schengen, UK was not part of the deal.  Will do a bit of searching and see what I come up with.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 16:24:40 PM »
I think this may be what you are referring to Steve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524705/EU-signs-deal-Turkey-lifting-restrictions-citizens-travelling-Europe.html

The UK has adopted some of the Schengen rules but not its border rules so doubt very much if there will be a removal of Visa requirements for UK citizens.

Here is another link explaining Britain's involvement in the Schengen Agreement. 

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/justice_freedom_security/free_movement_of_persons_asylum_immigration/l33020_en.htm

Offline charlste

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 13:44:46 PM »
After visiting fethiye/calis for over 30 years my wife and i now retired would love to stay longer on holiday but we are fed up of all the rule changes.Reading this latest topic gives us fresh hope.Are there any links for this new longer visa?

Offline Eric

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 15:53:55 PM »
Its not a longer visa, it is an unlimited time Residence Permit.  But there are conditions to meet before you are eligible.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf