Author Topic: Camping  (Read 3037 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Camping
« on: February 23, 2014, 22:45:44 PM »
Has anyone been camping locally? Just wondering whether there many organised sites and what the facilities ( if any) are like.

Offline Menthol

Re: Camping
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 22:48:19 PM »
I don't have a clue but I know they will have a tannoy to let you know 'what is happening today by the pool.'

Hi-de-hi, campers.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Camping
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 22:56:55 PM »
Haha, although I doubt there will be a toilet let alone a pool!

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »
There is a camp site on ? Beach, few miles past Goecek.  Name escapes me.  Anne will know.  There is a Belideye Café, which sells chi, coffee, toasties etc. Toilet facilities, may have showers....but as we weren't camping, didn't investigate.   Everytime we have been, have seen many happy campers!! Last time, there was a group of people, attending a seminar.  Its one of my fave beaches, with stunning views out to sea and great swimming. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:33:21 AM »
There is Onur camping which we have stayed at and Doğru camping next to each other - both next to Yonca Lodge.

Onur has good shower and toilet facilities. Not really open as such out of season but the owners don't mind you going there anyway. They are on the beach and have a few sun beds and köşk. Yonca köşk are better. They are open all year so you can use their bar restaurant facilities.

You can take and pitch your own tent and they have barbecue facilities.

You'd need to take your own food or eat at Yonca. It's a bit of a walk to the nearest shop which is near Majesty Tuana.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:53:40 AM »
Nicholas Homes used to rent caravans on their beach in the Lagoon.
Air con, tv, shower/toilet block, bar, cafe ect.  Not sure about now.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 09:42:56 AM »
Katranci Bay is very nice for camping. Nice facilities, great beach and you can bring your own equip or rent theirs. It is off the main road passed Yaniklar heading towards Dalaman. About 15 mins from Fethiye. For booking their contact no is 0252 633 6406.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »
There is a camp site along the beach from turtle beach koca calis,you can access the site by the dalaman road near yaniklar its a nice place to eat and drink there.They have night time BBQs sometimes,and theres plenty of free sunbeds.Its quite and peaceful with lovely views out to sea.You camp out on the beach under the stars and the guys that run it are nice people.Its the place where they used to cook a chicken in a can of beer,forget the name of the place,someone will know it on this forum.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 15:34:05 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, now all I need is the rest of the tent, only got the poles here over so far!
I'm assuming there must be a list of sites as would like to go a bit further afield once we get the hang of what sort of facilities to expect and what we need to take.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 16:48:24 PM »
There's Han Camping in Kaya village

If you are feeling adventurous see http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/view/1141/30/

Having first hand experience of Turkish camp sites for many years I must warn you they are not for the faint hearted.

DonM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf