Author Topic: Credit Where Due: Resorthoppa  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Credit Where Due: Resorthoppa
« on: February 25, 2014, 20:03:35 PM »
During our recent visit to Beni (I'm part of the club now I've been, I can call it Beni now) - we used Resorthoppa for our transfers and while the number of drop offs is way more than I have ever experienced in Turkey, it was great value.

When we got to their desk at Alicante airport, the lady checked her list and quoted our destination as a different hotel to ours. I said no, and gave her our hotel name and quick as a flash she crossed out our coach number and put a different one, and that was us sorted.

I realised later that the hotel she had mentioned I had indeed booked but cancelled. I was sure I booked the transfer after changing hotels so didn't think to change my transfer booking details. I had it wrong, I booked the transfer immediately after booking the first hotel.

Anyway, all sorted at a stroke. But problems later. For the return transfer I didn't realise if your flight was on a Sunday you had to ring to confirm on the Friday, not the day before. So on the Saturday no reply. I spotted I could check our pick up time online, and wondered if the lady at our arrival desk would have changed our return to the new hotel. Oh bugger, no - online it had the original hotel, 13:15. What the hell could we do, there's nobody to contact so they can't pick us up!

Oh hang on, stop the panic as there's an easy solution - we'll just go to the original hotel at 13:15!!! Brilliant!!!

Except 13:15 came and went, as did the 15 minutes they advise it might be later than your time. Now that's a bad feeling, great weekend but flight to catch and no transfer in sight. So I rang the emergency number - a British guy answered and I explained all. No, the arrival lady had changed the hotel to ours when we arrived. But that doesn't tally with the online check which still now says the original hotel. At 12:30! So we couldn't even jump in a taxi back to our hotel!!

Anyway, back to the subject - credit where due - the Resorthoppa guy said he had another bus in the area and would ask them to pick us up from the 'original hotel' we were stood outside (and had been for some time).

10 minutes later it roared round the corner and stopped to pick us up. At the airport and checked in with an hour to spare. Panic over.

So, thanks Resorthoppa - it's when things go wrong that you find out the substance of a company  :)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Credit Where Due: Resorthoppa
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 20:27:23 PM »
That's great service - I would have been in a mad panic!  I have nightmares about missing flights.

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 20:29:45 PM »
you see no Diane in Beni  :P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 20:32:24 PM »
That's great service - I would have been in a mad panic!  I have nightmares about missing flights.

I do too but as luck would have it, the 'original' hotel had a tax rank outside and most taxis had signs on their doors saying "Airport - up to 4 passengers 70 euro".

Of course nobody in their right mind would want to pay 70 euros for a transfer to the airport they had already paid for elsewhere, but at least I knew there was a way - and that kept me far calmer  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 20:32:53 PM »
you see no Diane in Beni  :P

I heard you blocked my number!!!  ;)

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 20:34:04 PM »
 :o would I dare  ;D

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
Blimey get you with your 'Beni'!
We used to do that transfer buisness but we had an experience where we were in sight of our hotel and then the bus veered off and an hour later we were dropped off! never again
We now book a private transfer which is extravagant but on a 4 night break every minute is important
There are 8 of us going for a week in september including a toddler and a senior citizen- no i dont mean Shaun- and although the Jet 2 package includes the transfer Im booking a private mini bus so that we can get there unscathed and dont have to be picked up too early on the return journey
We once did it in Calis with an A2B I think and OMG the driver had clearly only recently given up Raleigh driving . I was in the front seat of the minibus and could see the road ahead it was really scarey!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Credit Where Due: Resorthoppa
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 13:26:07 PM »
Our return transfer for a 16:30 flight was pick up time 12:30. 4 hours for a flight that we need to be at the gate for 40 minutes prior to departure. Glad we missed it!

Offline Jack13

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 13:48:30 PM »
did u see my mate keith? and more important did he buy u a drink. lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf