Author Topic: Residency and renewal date of uk passport  (Read 2695 times)

Offline corrina

Residency and renewal date of uk passport
« on: April 15, 2014, 15:13:32 PM »
Good Afternoon all,

I am wondering if when applying for residency , is the renewal date on a UK passport applicable .??

Offline Diverbaz 1

Re: Residency and renewal date of uk passport
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 15:19:00 PM »

Simple answer is yes, and when new scheme comes in your passport has to have at least 60 days left after expiry of residence permit.

Offline corrina

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 15:27:19 PM »
Still confused , we are considering application in a couple of weeks ,, the other half has a  passport is due for renewal next year how will we stand ,

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 15:34:19 PM »
Your residency permit cannot extend past the expiry date of your UK Passport.  8)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 16:21:35 PM »
Hamlet is right - your resident permit will be issued up to the end date of your passport. However you can apply to renew your passport nine months before it is due to run out and those nine months will be added onto the new passport. You can renew from here but I found it worth the trip back to the UK to do it all in a day. By the way make sure your passport background is grey not cream because cream gives them an excuse to say it "looks" white and that isn't acceptable and you'll just have to do it again. It does say grey or cream in the passport guidance booklet but just passing on the benefit of my experience.

Also I was just happening to be talking to a friend who does the resident permits for people and from what he said it looks like it is going to be a much more troublesome and lengthy process. No one involved in the process who should know, currently seems to know exactly what the situation is and how it will work so we can expect some teething troubles I am sure, especially for those applying for the first time. He was extremely stressed and it said it is going to involve a lot more work.

Offline corrina

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 17:02:03 PM »
Thank you for all your help all understood now x

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 17:30:48 PM »
While we are talking passport renewal etc., can I ask which is the best photographer to go to in Fethiye to get the photo's done the right size and background colour (having read Nicola's post) to comply with UK rules.

Also does anyone know if the renewed passports are actually delivered back to your home in Fethiye or do you have to fetch them from somewhere, I did hear something about the courier service used by the passport office not delivering to Fethiye, only as far as Muğla.

I believe you can renew at any time, but only 9 months of any remaining time will be credited to the new passport. Any help/advice appreciated.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 17:58:18 PM »
To be clear.

As from last Friday 11th April, when they get around to start issuing permits again (probably not until next week at the earliest) you will have to have 60 days minimum left on your passport when your residency expires.

This is the law number, I am trying to find the English version I read.

Law No. 6458 Date of Adoption:04/04/2013 LAW ON FOREIGNERS
AND INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION . Section 2 is applicable to residency

Here it is, section 2.
http://www.refworld.org/pdfid/5167fbb20.pdf
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 18:11:35 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 19:34:03 PM »
You can renew a UK passport anytime but you will only get nine months credited to your new passport. I renewed a passport 14 months before the expiry date to fall in line with SHMBO passport to make it easier for the residency permits.

DonM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf