Author Topic: increase in prices  (Read 8064 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: increase in prices
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 22:36:55 PM »
That must have been a special for one night as we have been going there since it opened and it was the biggest glass ever when it opened for 6 lira and only 5 lira if bought with a meal and even now at 7 lira it is a bigger measure than any other we have had :-)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:45 AM »
I agree Ian, never seen a glass of wine for 2tl at the Zayre or anywhere else recently.Cafe Pazar used to do a glass of wine for 2tl that was served from a plastic round bottle, and was an aquired taste but that was about 6 years ago.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:14:47 AM by yabanci »

Offline mac2010

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »
Over the years of living here I watch the prices go up in the season and then drop back down out of season.It is part and parcel of living in a tourist resort. Bodrum and marmaris do the same as I have friends that live there and they talk about the same thing. :(

Offline stevieb38

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
Prices are also on the increase in supermarkets. Each week I go food shopping there is at least 1 item that has gone up. So this will also affect the restaurants too, maybe that is why prices in the restaurants are on the increase. My wine has also increased in price at the market too in the last couple of weeka

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 16:30:58 PM »
Did the Ephesus trip yesterday. We stopped for a meal on the way back. Mrs Tiggsy asked the price of small water, 1 lira the reply, same as most places I guess. The couple next to us asked how much for a beer (bottle) 10 lira each. The couple opposite asked how much for 2 cokes (tins) 7 lira. Come pay time the guy that came to collect the money, assured us we had been told the price was in euros, thrice the lira price. Mrs Tiggsy refused to pay it. He became aggresive bawling and shouting in front of a packed restaurant. Manager came. He rants at the manger. I let him burn himself out and tried to have my say with the manager. The guy starts to become aggresive again so I stood up and shouted back "shut your mouth". Manger wasnt at all sympathetic, and we payed just the 1 lira. Principles in tact.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 17:19:57 PM »
Happend to me in a Jewellery shop in Fethiye a number of year ago.  Price was quoted for piece I wanted altered and a few small repairs.  I was told 250.   When I went back and handed over the money, he told me he had meant £250.00. 

Offline sadler

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 19:39:03 PM »
So did you pay up Jacqui?  :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 21:00:49 PM »
No choice the guy insisted he was dealing in Sterling not Lira.  Had to bring Phil back with more money.  We did argue for a while but he said he always deals in Sterling for his British customers.  However, I knew we had been conned but what could we do... i have never used that shop again and the guy who sits outside all the time always looks at me and looks away.  They would have got lots of business from us and our family, particularly at my sons wedding when they got their rings, their bridesmaid had a ring made and I also got a piece of jewellery.  We gave our business to Sedat at Zumrut.  So ultimately, it was the Fethiye Jewellers loss.
So warning to everyone, always ask what currency you are dealing in at a Jewellery Shop.

Offline sadler

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 21:49:47 PM »
Cannot praise Sedat from Zumrut enough, so no harm done.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 08:14:40 AM »
Been to most resorts in the Mugla region recently and over the years... and the cheapest resort ( if resort is the right description  lol   ) is always here in Hisaronu  :o      The nearest resort Olu Deniz each year is going more and more `up market` particularly along the front where yesterday we were charged 5.50tl for a small glass with lots of ice   ( from the bottle not can ) diet  cola , and a Beer 11  tl ... Still nice over there during daytimes but refuse to go there at night... prefer remembering how it was in the late  90`s   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf