Author Topic: residency insurance  (Read 5424 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: residency insurance
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 19:30:11 PM »
Eric, Being over 80 and both of us having pre existing medical conditions  we are unable to get cover for a six month stay in Turkey. We pay our own way and have done so for the last couple of years. We are well aware of all the costs.

Next month we are going on a Viking river cruise from St Petersburg to Moscow and the insurance cost us £336 for 12 day cover.

If anybody knows of any insurer who covers the aged with medical conditions i would be pleased to know.

DonM

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 17:54:02 PM »
Here is a post by Lynda Yilmaz on 3 july 2014 that I have copied and pasted from Facebook   

According to the police in Fethiye (who haven't had their full orders yet from Ankara) it's not as cut and dried as the UK Embassy indicate. People over 65 WHO CAN'T GET any other insurance, or are not eligible for SGK will be let off the insurance criteria, and you will have to provide evidence that you can't get it. Not sure how THAT will work, proving a negative is not easy. BUT, since private Turkish health insurance is available for people up to 70, that sounds at odds with the 65 year ceiling and you will only be not eligible for SGK, because you have not had an unbroken year or more of residency, or because you have been refused on health grounds. My usual caveat applies to this post. This is the information Yakup was given TODAY at the Passport police. Maybe tomorrow will be different. Again apologies if someone has already posted this information.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 18:12:31 PM »
I know Yakup was inundated with people asking about this problem when we were over in May/June as he arranges Residency.  So, you can be sure his information will be correct.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 09:10:44 AM »
If you say so jacqui that's ok then .

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 08:26:45 AM »
Copied and pasted from Facebook.

Posted by Lynda Yimaz at 08.12, wife of Yakup who helps people to do their residency.

Good news everybody (although I'm covering myself with the usual disclaimer, that this is the news today) The police have now, this minute confirmed - that over 65's do not need insurance for their Resident Permits. This will be a source of great relief for many, and no doubt a source or great annoyance, for those who have bought expensive insurance. This information has been given to Yakup just 10 minutes ago.

Offline davybill

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »
About time to,Fethiye police seem always last to know anything new,

Offline Evie

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
Does anyone know when the lifetime residencies come in for people have lived here for 8 years or more.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
Article in the Telegraph about Resident Permits and insurance - some local people were contributors...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/expathealth/11013414/Turkey-abolishes-mandatory-health-insurance-for-expat-pensioners.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf