Author Topic: Pocket wifi  (Read 2220 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Pocket wifi
« on: July 08, 2014, 13:38:59 PM »
Hi all, just purchased a new mobile phone through virgin on a monthly contract. When talking to the salesperson, she recommended that I buy pocket wifi when in turkey, to enable me to get online and make calls through what's app wherever I am at a fraction of the cost. She said its a SIM card that you buy, and put into your phone? Does anybody know anything about this, Ie costs, is it worth it and where to buy?! Thanks, I am out for 6 weeks so anything I can save on mobile charges the better.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Pocket wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 14:10:58 PM »
Hi Sue Mac

I am not aware of you being able to do this as you would need to register your mobile in Turkey but Loz answered my question regarding mobile internet on the following thread
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50660.0

I have one of these and it will do what you are trying to do.

Hope this is of help.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 19:20:43 PM »
Hi sue mac. Re your post 0n Pocket wifi.  I have an Iphone and a contract with Orange (EE). I was in Calis in early June and I used my WhatsApp to text numerous times to the UK when I was in a wifi area with no cost whatsoever and no requirement to purchase a sim card. The only stipulation with WhatsApp is that the recipient should also have WhatsApp registered with their provider.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
We have just joined the 21st century regarding a mobile phone, me and phones are not  the best of buddies, only yesterday did I realise that for years I have been giving out for the majority of the time the incorrect mobile telephone number for years! only noticed yesterday evening we  I phoned Virgin helpline, I wondered why no one returned our calls, did I feel stupid? not really, I just made a customer service assistant a light hearted relief from complaints

Whatsapp, I am reluctant to use a mobile or an app on a mobile whilst on holiday after the recent horror stories of return home to high cost bills;  until I get my head round this phone malarkey then it is the Tablet and Mifi every time..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf