Author Topic: hsbc?  (Read 10544 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: hsbc?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 13:25:29 PM »
No problem getting  1,000 GBP this morning.  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 13:37:14 PM by desmartinson »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 13:51:13 PM »
HSBC has always been a pain for getting large amounts of sterling cash out of.  One time we wanted some UK money they shut the branch, and put security on alert and then emptied both ATMs of sterling to make up our money to the amount we needed. 

Offline Jack13

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 14:15:38 PM »
hi des. did you rob the bank or just withdraw it. lol

Offline Jack13

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 14:16:17 PM »
and its your round.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 14:48:32 PM »
I,ll be there again Wednesday and Friday Jack, then across the road to Secker to change it all to T L . Forecast 4. 30 to the £ then. New floorboards needed soon Jack.   ;) :D. ps  if it reaches 4.50, I,ll buy you a half of Efes.  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 16:19:28 PM »
I should think if it goes to 4.5TL you'll even buy me half too. ;D ;D

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 19:24:30 PM »
I've had three calls this evening from people on the subject of HSBC, none of whom were aware of my earlier posts on this thread.  The rumour these people have heard is the same.  HSBC is pulling out of Turkey and you'd better get yer money cos otherwise you are going to lose it.  It would appear that this rumour has spread from the Ex-Pratts site, and people - with and without HSBC accounts - are going round with some amount of glee spreading this horrible rumour, and quoting the FT article contained in that horrible website as authority of all sorts of doom and gloom consequences.  The FT article says nothing about how HSBC intends to exit Turkey, and certainly says nothing at all that people with money in the Turkish HSBC will lose all their money, when HSBC finally exits.  And as I said earlier HSBC would never consider i,t let alone do it - as one of the largest banks in the world - the reputational risk/loss would be business threatening across the globe for HSBC, and besides which the Turkish authorities, banking code and law would never allow it to happen.

What is happening with HSBC is that they have made a business decision that probably says Turkey is a tough place to operate in as a non-Turkish business and the returns on investment is poorer than other parts of the world, so time to go.  In investment terms you can only spend your pound once and HSBC it seems prefer to invest that money elsewhere.

Finally a word about some of the dumb, thick between the ear,s no nothing, knuckle dragging chimps spreading these rumours - go on UBT say it like it is.  These are generally people you wouldn't ask their opinion on anything, although they always want to give it! So why do people listen to them when talking about something as important and serious as people's finance and banking arrangements.  Especially by listening which gives them, in their minds, some sort of credence to what they are saying.  And I am sorry to say that this area of the world has attracted a disproportionate number of these scare mongering corporal Jones .... sad.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 19:49:45 PM »

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »
Looks like there's a bit of panic setting in. There are reports on another forum that people are trying to withdraw large sums from HSBC and that they're finding it very difficult to do so.
Name the forum you are referring to then KKOB and let people see what is being said and who is having problems with withdrawals. Or is it just maybe you might be one of these people UBT may be referring to in his post.  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 07:58:44 AM »
The forum is the Turkish Living Forum Des. I haven't been on it for years but Mrs KKOB is an avid reader and poster and if you're really desperate to read the carp on there about HSBC I'll supply you with the link.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf