Author Topic: Another Burglary  (Read 2617 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Another Burglary
« on: July 17, 2014, 14:13:04 PM »
Found out yesterday that one of the other owners on our complex was broken in to on their first night at their apartment. Money, passports etc were taken.

They have said that there have been about another 7 recent others locally in Ovacik, this is now starting to get a little bit more than the odd one here and there.

We also had another one on site last year and there are only 26 properties. In the 7 years since they were built we had no issues until last year and now it is becoming a little too regular and we will have no pleasure in letting family and friends who use our place know to be extra careful because of these break in's.

Not sure if I am overreacting but there does seem to be a lot more of this going on in the Fethiye area recently  :( :(

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Another Burglary
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 15:36:44 PM »
I see a large number of posts on public forums - like this one - and on Facebook groups etc asking restaurants for pick-ups on specific dates and times....even if you only say whereabouts you are staying, it doesn't take a genius to work it out. Organised burglars could have someone hanging around a complex at the right time to see where people are leaving from.

Of course, this isn't the case with those who are burgled while they're still in bed, but I do wonder if the growth in this kind of activity plays a part.  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf