Author Topic: Traditions - Nowhere Does It Better Than Calis Beach  (Read 6133 times)

Offline marina

Re: Traditions - Nowhere Does It Better Than Calis Beach
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 16:42:42 PM »
The 'tug of the heart strings' mentioned by Dennis in his post above can be illustrated in our household over the last few days.

We have a big trip coming up next year, March/April time,  to visit our youngest daughter and her husband, plus new grandchild due in February, in New Zealand. We'll be away 5/6 weeks altogether (oh the joys of being retired   ;)) and visiting Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong amongst other places.  Very exciting times obviously.

But then we thought 'what about Calis?'  Can we really miss going to Calis?   ???  So we've just this week booked easyjet flights for middle two weeks of June {£380 including baggage which I though was pretty good), got an apartment at the Caretta, so all sorted!  ;D

Tradition - yes!
Familiar - yes!
Comfy - yes!
Looking forward to it  - you bet!!

;D ;D ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 20:29:36 PM »
I find that the "unknown factor" of Calis to be a pain in the a***! I often say at the departure gate at Dalaman that we won't be back - at least for a few years then as soon as the flights are released for next year I've got them booked!!

Calis will always be special to us - our girls had a wonderful childhood there from age 3 to 8 and despite fairly well documented efforts by a couple of people to devote much of their life to spreading slanderous stories and trying to discredit us with absolute lies, we wouldn't change those 5 years for anything - we had a wonderful life experience living there. We forget just how many people we know entirely because of Calis - people who we feel we've known all our lives, actually we met in 2003 or 2004 and without Calis would never have.

When we left in 2008 I thought we had met a handful of great people and dozens of absolute a***holes. Time is a great thing and now I realise we met dozens of great people and a handful of a***holes!

Anyway, we can't stay away for long - and spend a week dashing here there and everywhere meeting folk and having a ball. Damn you, Calis Beach.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Very interesting read,same as Jacqui Keith it was lovely to meet you and your family properly...
My week was a very different one indeed to how I would normally spend my time in Calis as I went with a friend this time instead of hubby, and I must say seeing Calis and Fethiye from a "newcomers eyes" kind of made me realise that I have been taking the place for granted the last few years or so and it made me realise how much I love it all over again...Not enough to want to move over permanently that is not for me but has made me realise once I am finally retired that I do want to spend longer periods over there...
We shopped far too much bought loads of stuff that I did not need but could not resist had lovely pedicures and a great massage though beware if you have a massage at Nevada Su do not pay £52 for the lymphatic drainage/anti cellulite one as it is not worth anywhere near the money and on comparison it was the same as my aromatherapy one...
Ate lots of nice food my friend said the pizzas from Pizza Callisto were the best pizzas she has ever eaten and also the rices eggfried and shrimp were the best she has ever eaten (she is a really fussy eater and had warned me in advance!)she also loved the Turkish breakfasts of which I think she had three one at Guvens one at Vojos and one at Eyna, we had a lovely day on the beach at Guvens, two couples were trying to find the Surf club and I could not remember whether it was left or right from Guvens but said this is a nice place so they ended up staying at Guvens for the day and on leaving they said thank you it had been a good choice and they had enjoyed their day there...
On reminiscing I am now really wanting to be back there, the week just whizzed by... 8)     

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 14:52:57 PM »
Great post, made me feel like packing a case.  :)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 15:29:45 PM »

Good write up Keith, felt like I was there.   ;) :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 17:18:07 PM »
It would have been nice to have seen you Baz  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 18:03:04 PM »
I wish I'd seen you both   ;) x

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 18:06:23 PM »

Easy to miss me, I'm only a shadow of my former self.  ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 18:14:15 PM »
I did see some shadows, in the shadows.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
I really enjoyed your write up of your holiday in Calis Beach.  It is a wonderful place to be and even now in November the sun is still shining. We have been to most of the restaurants that you have been to and we cannot fault them.  There is so much choice here, even in the winter places are staying open.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf