Author Topic: A little help needed  (Read 4321 times)

Offline billy3107

A little help needed
« on: January 30, 2015, 14:06:16 PM »
When I return to Turkey on 14 th March my blue book will be cancelled because I have been out of the country for more than 120 days during the previous year.
I will purchase a 90/180 day tourist visa valid from 14/3/ 2015
I plan a few more visits during the Summer on my Tourist visa.
When counting back my days in Turkey on my tourist visa do I stop on 14th of March or does the time spent in Turkey on my blue book count towards my 90 days.
I would have thought common sense would prevail and dictate that the residency permit and the tourist visa were two separate things.
Anyones thoughts or advice would be appreciated. 

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: A little help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 14:15:12 PM »

I would have thought common sense would prevail and dictate that the residency permit and the tourist visa were two separate things.

Since when can the have the words common sense (or logic) been applicable to Turkey   ;)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 15:15:17 PM »
I would agree, if your blue book residency is cancelled then you have two options, firstly, you can spend 90 days in the next 180 day period staring from your E Visa start date in March.

Secondly, you can enter on a ninety day visa and reapply for a one year residency which will again be subject to the 120 day rule.

Or at least, that's how I think it works ❓❓❓

Offline billy3107

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 18:25:47 PM »
Thanks that's how I see it. :-\

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 18:53:10 PM »
My understanding of the new rules agree with yours too.

Me and my husband will have to work out how many days he has spent out of the country on his Blue Book RP when he returns soon. Or passport control may do the job for us when he lands at Dalaman .......

Not that it makes the least bit of difference to anyone but I am very annoyed by this new rule and I know I am not alone. It very much changes our agenda and the very basis on which we bought the Turkish property.

Offline Brenda mack

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 20:18:15 PM »
My hubby and myself are having to go to Turkey on the 12th February for just one week and we are hoping that we are ok . We will soon find out if our residency is no good if they make us get the EVisa at the airport. Just think how much money they are going to make catching people out because we dont know where we stand with our residency until we try getting into the country. Like most people it is going to effect how many times we can go over there. We bought our place over there so we could stay for as long as we wanted and as many visits as we wanted. It also is really bad if they do cancel our blue book because we loose 2years we have left on it with no refund. There probaly are people who could have more years left on their blue books and loose them. I think a lot of people will end up selling their homes over there but will have to let them go for a lot less than they want for them. All the poor hard working turkish people will also end up with no work in these holiday resorts when everybody sells up and goes back home to UK. The poverty is just going to get worse.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
I agree it's disgusting that they do this retrospectively, people bought their 3 or 5 years reds ident in all good faith thinking they could come and go.
On the other hand if someone obtains residency then they are saying that's where they reside, and with that comes the ability to buy a car, have a phone line, get a museum pass , join the government  health system etc etc
If they are living for a third of the year somewhere else, then they aren't really residents are they? And presumably they're using the services of the country they live in the rest of the time.
What they need to do is to have a visa system whereby people can come and go to the properties they've worked hard to have and wish to enjoy time in.
It's a crazy system.

Offline billy3107

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 13:02:09 PM »
Am i right in thinking that i do not have to leave Turkey and come back into the country to renew my e visa just renew it on line and the overiding factor is that when counting back i can not spend more than 90 days in Turkey in the preceding 180 days.Even if this spans 2 visa,s
When the visa is valid from for example from 2/2/2015 to say 29/8/2015 should my new visa start on 29/8 or 30/8.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 17:21:00 PM »
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55803.0
See my earlier post regarding 90/180 day rule and old residency.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf