Author Topic: Good Luck  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Pi55y

Good Luck
« on: April 09, 2015, 23:31:28 PM »
Good luck to the organisers of Race For Life and all those taking part from all of us at the 3C's. We hope that the event is a huge success and raises a lot of money to help in the fight against cancer.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Good Luck
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:32:13 AM »
Thanks Chrissie, yes the big weekend is here and the weather looks good which is an added bonus, we are approaching 400 entrants for Sunday's event which is staggeringly good for our first attempt. Please remember to come down to the culture centre in Fethiye between 11.00 and 16.00 tomorrow (Saturday 11th) to collect your race pack which contains your race number which must be worn to enter the event. If you haven't yet entered it will be your last chance to do so.

The program on Sunday kicks off at 09:30 with the pre race warm up so please be there nice and early to soak up the atmosphere. wheelchair entrants start at 09:50 with the main field following at 10:00am.

Don't forget that the children's fun run takes place at 2pm on Saturday, it's over a short course in the square outside the culture centre, all entrants will receive some sweeties and a really nice laminated certificate signed by the Kaymakam.

Finally, thanks to everyone for supporting our cause and in making this historic event happen, we hope to make a real difference locally to Cancer treatment and awareness.

CANCER WE'RE COMING TO GET YOU !

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
Yes pi55y - all the very best for Sunday. Wish I could have been there but will be with you all in spirit.  :)

Offline incir

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:09 AM »
Congratulations to all the organisers - 400 entrants is an amazing achievement for a first event. Looking forward to it.

Offline davybill

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 14:41:21 PM »
HI Rimms I am on the run on Sunday, wonder if you could tell me the route as a few people
have asked me, I Know some of it is down the Kordon but that's all I know.
Cheers see you Sunday.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 20:02:28 PM »
The route is start outside the culture centre, follow the harbor down towards the McDonalds traffic lights where you will take a sharp left and follow the Kordon and continue for 2km to a point just after the Denizati restaurant where you will cross and make the return down the running track. You won't get lost as we have 20 course marshals to direct you. 

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 21:00:26 PM »
Good luck everyone

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 08:48:45 AM »
Thanks Rimms.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »
Good luck to everyone, and well done for taking part.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf