Author Topic: Ovacik address  (Read 11925 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Ovacik address
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
By the looks of it, it could be off of Mendos Cad. Behind the Shell petrol station. Although the address isn't very helpful, I think one of the pictures shows the 2 mobile phone towers at the top of the hill from Fethiye.

Oludeniz IS 15 minutes away, but by car. You definitely wouldn't want to walk it. You have to be going at a very brisk pace to do Hisaronu in 10 minutes too.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 14:31:06 PM »
I've tagged Menthol on FB - she may recognise it.
How are you getting to the villa when you arrive?  If you are arranging a transfer you will need some clear directions so maybe go back to the owner and ask for them from the Shell station KKOB mentioned.  That's an easy landmark to "google earth" from.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 14:42:42 PM »
GoogleEarth isn't much good for this Bluwise. Their satellite pictures are a couple of years old and there's been a huge amount of building in that area.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 15:17:44 PM »
Good point (I should have remembered how frustrated I get that it's out of date!)  however, if the owner directs to the villa for a transfer, may give us a clue as to where it should be and more chance of someone knowing of it. 

Offline Steve H

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 16:23:31 PM »
Once again thanks for your time spent on replying.

The arrangement with the owner is that he will send a car to pick us up from the airport. Therefore we would not need to know directions to the villa. So it would be no good asking for directions from the airport.

I have checked Google Maps and have found the Shell garage off Mendos Cd but according to the owner's directions from the Poseidon Hotel it is indicating that it is just off Fahri Koruturk Cd up a side road.

I may have to e-mail him and just say that the address is not correct and we are concerned that maybe this is all a hoax.

By next weekend we will need to pay the balance for the villa rental (i.e. 6 weeks prior to arrival) so we have a bit more time to make our decision on whether we pay him or not.

Cheers,
Steve

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 16:28:06 PM »
I think it is above the top road (Ovacik Cd) in Ovacik and is definitely towards the petrol station end judging by the exterior shots.

It looks like so many of the villas here it would be hard to determine which one it is and that address is crazy! That doesn't mean to say that the guy is being dishonest or that it is so unusual not to know the address in the first place. I know mine is the official Tapu address and registered as such at the Olu Deniz Belediye Offices. It has never helped one person find me. I always end up meeting them in my car by the local shop and them following me from there ....

If I get chance later tonight or tomorrow (sorry got 8 family members arriving very shortly) I'll try and check it out and report on here. No promises I'll be able to find it though.

Just seen your last post - I should be able to find it from those directions. But even if I do, that doesn't mean it is his villa does it?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 16:50:27 PM »
Steve, don't you get some sort of guarantee with Owners Direct? 

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 17:47:29 PM »
I've just send a pm to Steve.
Although the directions were slightly off, the villa does exist  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 17:51:10 PM »
Steve, don't you get some sort of guarantee with Owners Direct? 

You do if you make payment via them, for which I suspect there is a charge.

By making his payment by bank transfer OD have no further (financial) responsibility. 

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 19:46:55 PM »

I think Steve is doing the right thing checking it out. No fun being stuck at Dalaman, out of pocket, no transport and nowhere to stay.!!
  It really does make you think how much can go wrong booking up with someone you've never met.    Brian James comes to mind.   >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf