Author Topic: Zentara Beach & Kitchen  (Read 11400 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Zentara Beach & Kitchen
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »
We went there for an evening meal in June - lovely setting, good chips and salad, food generally fine. Biggest problem was the menu. Even with our glasses, we could not read it. We moved tables to see it in a better light but still couldn't read because the type was minuscule. The waitress then gave us the previous menu where the type was larger.
I strongly suggest that they print new menus with legible and LARGE type which can be read even in candlelight!

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 15:28:15 PM »
After the opening blurb, sounded good, so I thought we might try it, but after the majority of bad reviews, I think we will give it a miss  :(

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 12:20:09 PM »
Give it a try - they may have made the menus legible by now! The food we had was fine.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 12:23:35 PM »
Ok, will give it a try, will let you know what it's like   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Zentara Beach & Kitchen
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 19:49:08 PM »
4 of us went today.
There's plenty of choice where to sit, we opted for bean bags under a tree because the sunbed umbrellas don't really keep much sun out, so you only get alternate ones in the shade, and we all wanted shade.
We waited a long time before someone came to ask about drinks.
We had a pot of Turkish cay, which came with a little heater, stayed hot for ages,and good value shared between 3.
Our friend wanted water, which came in a glass bottle, only 750ml, checked price, 4tl.
So she nipped to the bar next door and got 1.5 tl for the same price and sent the other back. ( yes, naughty maybe, but 750 ml for 4 tl equates to 8 tl for a large water..crazy)

We asked for a menu.
Brown sugar came with the cay, requested white, and asked for menu again.
Sugar came.
Still no menu...asked again, success.
Our wait for food wasn't long, and all the food was perfect.
I had the burger which I loved at Mandolin, and it was just the same, delicious.
Coffee was 7tl for a perfect Americano,  ( and I'm a total coffee snob.)

Bit of confusion when ordering lime and soda, the waiter confirmed soda lime, but we actually got lemonade flavour sodas. No ice, despite being 38 degrees, asked the waitress, didn't materialise so went to the bar, and she was just about to bring it, explained that what we had weren't lime sodas and that the service had been a bit chaotic all day!
Anyway, a few minutes later they brought over a glass of plain soda...no lime in it, but 2 slices of lemon! ( they didn't charge for it)

All in all we had a wonderful day, but they really need to give the staff some training. 3 of us speak good Turkish and ordered in Turkish so it's more than just a language barrier.
Got the feeling they weren't very motivated or interested in what they were doing.
Someone said they're like work opportunity trainees, unpaid? Don't know if this is true, but if it is, can't really blame them if they're fed up.

Anyway...we all agreed we would go back another time because the positives outweighed the negatives.

Offline apollo

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 20:12:55 PM »
Didn't see you. We were next door, plenty of shade and no issues.  Enjoy!

Offline dycedon

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2015, 07:54:03 AM »
And where would that be Apollo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf