Author Topic: online shopping  (Read 2728 times)

Offline docbernie

• Newly Registered
online shopping
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of shopping online from overseas countries eg: Amazon or iherb
Are there any problems importing goods through customs, are there delays, taxes etc
As a newbie any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: online shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Depends entirely on what the goods are and their value.

Mrs KKOB and I were importing and exporting on a regular basis but, because the majority of what we were involved in was small packages, we had no problems whatsoever.

However, over the years we've heard all kinds of nightmare stories of items being held at customs for exorbitant fees and "taxes" and of being "lost" in the post.

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
A couple of years ago I bought a book from Amazon . It arrived within 10 days. The post has been very hit and miss over the last year but it seems to have improved recently.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 14:41:19 PM »
The post has been very hit and miss over the last year but it seems to have improved recently.

Don't know where you live, but if we see the PTT delivery man here, all the tourists take a photo, It's a sight rarer than rocking horse droppings  :D

Offline apollo

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 15:51:27 PM »
The post has been very hit and miss over the last year but it seems to have improved recently.

Don't know where you live, but if we see the PTT delivery man here, all the tourists take a photo, It's a sight rarer than rocking horse droppings  :D

Not been here very long but just passing on my experience of online shopping and the postal system.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf