Author Topic: Russian Embargo Hurting Fethiye - and it Hasn't Even Started Yet  (Read 11518 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Russian Embargo Hurting Fethiye - and it Hasn't Even Started Yet
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 21:37:04 PM »
Yes that about sums things up, hard as it might seem.  The warning signs of the madness and tactics of Reg were there in the run up to November's General Election.  Also as Yabanci has confirmed to my assertion that plenty of people in Fethiye were not innocent of supporting this mess, with over 36% of the Fethiye voters supporting the AKP.  Perhaps we should ask that all those people in Fethiye who voted AKP - and it looks like there are enough of them - should take the hit in economic or employment terms for the problems likely to be faced by this area.  Then again it looks like no one wants to own up to the fact that they did vote AKP, or perhaps they have been avoiding Mercury's company?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 21:57:56 PM »
No, still not getting it.

A tomato picker with limited (if any) appreciation of foreign policy feels that the AKP might allow him the best chance of putting a meal on his family's table. AKP cause (let's go with that being the case) an international incident many hundreds of miles from Fethiye and the outcome is economic hardship for tomato picker.

He only has himself to blame? Seriously?

Scenario 2

A tomato picker with limited (if any) appreciation of foreign policy feels that the MHP might allow him the best chance of putting a meal on his family's table. AKP cause (let's go with that being the case) an international incident many hundreds of miles from Fethiye and the outcome is economic hardship for tomato picker.

It's his fault for what...being amongst tomato pickers who voted AKP?

With all due respect (and you know what that means    ;) ) you are talking absolute rubbish.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
I am talking rubbish...really?

I'm not the one using tomato pickers as an example.  AKP support is strongest in agricultural areas, you'll find it hard to find CHP supporters amongst that pious reactionary group.  Besides which most of the tomato pickers I see are women, as the men stand over them supervising or driving the tractor!!

Scenario 1 - Is their ignorance or ill education over foreign affairs a reason for me having to be sympathetic towards their plight from a Russian embargo?  Of course not, neither is it a reason/excuse for a chance that they may have 'misvoted' for the AKP, they knew what they were doing.  You take the consequences of your vote, good or indifferent, and in the case of shooting down the Russian plan...bad.  And like it as not they probably loudly cheered when the plane was shot down, and almost certainly gave a nod and a wink of support to the ISIS bombing against the Kurds during the general election, and were probably rapturous as Reg declared war against his own citizens in Kurdish areas - mind you enough of those pious silly buggers still voted for him!!

Scenario 2 - This is why I said to you need to look further than the Fethiye bubble-land, he has to take responsibility for what Turkey's politician are doing/saying in his name or protest loudly against it - and with a couple of notable and noble exceptions we have seen little protest across Turkey - certainly not from the MHP unless it is to try to firebomb out local Kurds!.... but in the case of the MHP voter  he probably cheered louder than the AKP supporter I described above. Indeed so many of the MHP supporters liked what Reg was doing, they went and voted for him.  You expect me to be sympathetic towards him when the likely response of an MHP government would be worst than REg and his cronies.

Scunner old son, you've got to take off those rose tinted glasses.  Things are coming to a nasty head in Turkey, and all Turks need to take their share of the blame, particularly those  - on all sides - who think they are doing it in their god's name!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 11:07:40 AM »
......and all Turks need to take their share of the blame..............!

Does that mean that all Brits need to take their share of the blame for the bombing of Syria ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
Uneducated, manual farm labours vote for party with blatant disregard and ignorance of potential foreign policies that may cause trade embargo - and with that they voted full in the knowledge that it would mean providing for their family very difficult.

Or maybe as you say, that's the "rose tinted" view. If you vote for a party for your reasons, you are responsible for everything they do?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf