Author Topic: sciatica  (Read 6171 times)

Offline jackstee

Re: sciatica
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 15:07:48 PM »
I started to get it on my left side in early 2015.
Quickly realized that sitting on a hard chair when on computer was the cause.
Was free until about 4 months ago when it came back on both sides after a vigorous day in the garden.
Now try and keep it under control with lots of walks and anti inflammatory tablets

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 21:37:26 PM »
I did a heck of a lot of driving for about 3 years and suffered regularly with it on my right-hand side. That was until I realised that I always had my wallet in the rear right pocket of my trousers. Once I stopped carrying it there the number of twinges I got reduced dramatically.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »
I did a heck of a lot of driving for about 3 years and suffered regularly with it on my right-hand side. That was until I realised that I always had my wallet in the rear right pocket of my trousers. Once I stopped carrying it there the number of twinges I got reduced dramatically.
That would have been all the moths bulking up your wallet KKOB  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 13:21:43 PM »
That would have been all the moths bulking up your wallet KKOB   ;)

Aren't you glad I set that one up for you ?  ;)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 08:24:28 AM »
Thanksis for all replies. Since that post he is now on 900mg of gabapentin per day and 8 co codamol per day. Doing absolutely nothing for his pain, which is worse down his leg, in his Buttock and where his ankle meets the foot   We are now in ovacik for ten days and seriously thinking of getting some treatment here,  as MRI not scheduled unnoticed 16th may in uk. And he is literally in agony,  and uable to walk properly.  We have been advised letoon , or to see guy at ocean blue? Anybody any ideas on cost of an MRI or X-ray here? Than k you.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
My husband suffers from spinal stenosis often further aggravated by sciatica. He was on Gabapentin - didn't help, it just made him sleepy. He can't take Nurofen or Brufen due to effect on kidneys - took co-codamol but didn't help much, also tried acupuncture to little effect. Hot compresses followed by cold gave the most relief. Operations to help free the nerves and compacted discs are now out of the question and walking makes the pain worse!
Really feel for you both.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
I could feel the heat traveling down  my leg.

I often have a warm feeling that travels down my leg.  ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 15:13:34 PM »

Have you mentioned you bladder problems to your GP KKOB.?    ;)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 18:31:13 PM »
 ;D

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 20:20:16 PM »
I suffered from fibromyalgia and went to Tai Chi classes which worked wonders even after one class. There were people in the class who found that doing Tai Chi eased their sciatica a lot. I was amazed how effective Tai Chi was in helping lots of painful conditions. I wish there were more classes available.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf