Author Topic: Another EU referendum  (Read 1683 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Another EU referendum
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
Looks like the wee man is throwing a major strop over how Turkey is being treated by the EU.

Angrily lashing out at the bloc’s treatment of Ankara, Erdoğan said Turkey could hold a referendum along the lines of that in Britain, where voters are deciding on June 23 whether to stay in the European Union or leave.

“We can stand up and ask the people just like the British are doing,” Erdoğan said in a speech late June 22 at a fast-breaking dinner, quoted by the state-run Anadolu Agency.

“We would ask, ‘Should we continue the negotiations with the European Union or should we end them?’ If the people say ‘continue,’ then we would carry on,” Erdoğan said.

He accused the EU of not wanting to accept Turkey as a member as it is a “Muslim-majority country.”

Erdoğan said Turkey had been promised membership in 1963 but that nothing had happened despite the passage of 53 years. “Why are you stalling?” he asked.

Well mate, if you'd bothered to complete the Accession Chapters, a process that began years ago, then maybe you'd be further ahead in the process - so you have to ask, who is stalling?

More: HDN

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Another EU referendum
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »

And you have to ask which direction is the leadership taking the country in.??   Towards a European democracy or an Islamic caliphate.

Yet another new set of enemies to blame.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 15:10:36 PM »
Nigel Farage v Tayyip Erdogan. Can you spot the difference between these two demagogues? Oh yes, one has a moustache.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 17:01:56 PM »

I know which one I would prefer as a politician in my country, and the one without the mustache made it possible for us

to decide our future direction.!!!  Without UKIP and Farage we wouldn't have been given a Referendum.       ;) 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf