Author Topic: Just what you need in a tough season  (Read 2987 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Just what you need in a tough season
« on: June 26, 2016, 16:25:51 PM »
So if the hospitality industry is not suffering enough in Turkey and particularly here in Calis, then all you need is for dumb bunny in either Aydem or the Beleyedisi  to dig up all the Calis Promenade and lay a new electric cable.  Apart from the mess it has left behind, I am sure while it was being done it would have been noisy, dirty and disruptive to the bars and restaurants between the Point and the Calis Taxis office where it finished.  Can't help but feel they may have damaged the roots of the palm trees en route too.  And they have still to come back to finish it!!

Another Turkish own goal!!  Here are a couple of shots I took earlier.  I really do feel for the bar and restaurant businesses when they are faced with this sort of nonsense.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Just what you need in a tough season
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 16:35:48 PM »
Traditional Turkish workmanship. Love it.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Just what you need in a tough season
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 17:17:56 PM »
It reminds me of when they put the central reservations in along the aqua park road.

Bedded down two best rows of kerbstones with soil placed in between - with just enough space to fit Palm trees along at regular intervals.

Except when they brought the trees they realised that the roots are about twice as wide as the trunk, and they had to break out both lengths of kerbstones to get the trees in, then fix the kerbstones back in.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 06:43:10 AM »
So if the hospitality industry is not suffering enough in Turkey and particularly here in Calis, then all you need is for dumb bunny in either Aydem or the Beleyedisi  to dig up all the Calis Promenade and lay a new electric cable.  Apart from the mess it has left behind, I am sure while it was being done it would have been noisy, dirty and disruptive to the bars and restaurants between the Point and the Calis Taxis office where it finished.  Can't help but feel they may have damaged the roots of the palm trees en route too.  And they have still to come back to finish it!!

Another Turkish own goal!!  Here are a couple of shots I took earlier.  I really do feel for the bar and restaurant businesses when they are faced with this sort of nonsense.

Beach looks busy,  ;)  bet you were on your way to the Lukka   :).

Offline Libra

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »
I have the feeling that business people involved in tourism are not sensitive or organised enough so that they can come together and make complaints at the Municipality. It 's their business that gets hurt.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 20:07:50 PM »
It beggars belief it really does. They have a short season so why they wait until middle of it to do this I don't know. The year they laid the block paving on the prom they waited until May to start! The place was like a bomb site we were climbing over mountains of sand and paving slabs . They lost so much business that year when Thomsons took their punters to olu Deniz as so many complained. They really don't do themselves any favours

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf