Author Topic: Need a recommendation for a restaurant for tonight - Fethiye promenade  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
So, tonight we want to eat on the promenade somewhere. Not been here for over a year and with young family don't do the restaurants much. Have done Shaka before but this time have 2 16yr olds and 1 4yr old in tow. Any suggestions?

Not massively fussy eaters though a children's menu for the little one might be a good idea (though she normally ends up eating whatever we have)

Offline davybill

Bella Mamas on the Calis  front have plenty of choices. for adults and children.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
If you mean the Koron in Fethiye (not Calis Beach). I would recommend the Matisse.  Lovely food great service fabulous views and they will come and pick you up and take you back for free.  I usually message them on F.B. Or you can just give them a ring.
If you mean Calis Beach Prom.  I would recommend George's (established 30 years) again great food, they are very good with children they have a children's menu (it was my Granddaughters favourite restaurant) and they have a new built restaurant with a visible kitchen and two Chefs.   

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yep.....looking at promenade between Fethiye and Calis this time. Love Bella Mamas and will be going there but we fancied a little different and outside of Fethiye

Thanks for recommendation for Matisse Jacqui. Will go there if no other suggestions. Have a car though, it's only a couple of minutes away, and don't drink so will not take advantage of free taxi

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Mancero is where the old Shaka was - brilliant  :)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ta.....heading out now

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
We made it to Matisse. Food was excellent with the exception of the cheesecake which was a strange combination of hot at one side and frozen solid at the other.

Service was great when it was there....otherwise it was very.....very.....very.....slow. The starters arrived pretty quickly but the gaps between that and the man course and the again for dessert was an hour each! The pace was busy when dessert finally arrived but before that it was only 1/2full so not really to blame. We had to prompt a few times for the table to be cleared and mains was served with the started empty plates still on the table.

Real shame as food was, with the exception of dessert, excellent

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I am really surprised as we have always had excellent service there, with a free starter and a free plate of fruit for dessert.  Was Hakan the head waiter there?  He is always so efficient.  They also get such good write ups on T.A.   We always remark how attentive they are there.
 Sorry to read your experience Steve, I feel bad now for recommend it.
We will be back in September and hope it will be O.K then as it has been our favourite place in Fethiye to eat.

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Don't know who the head waiter was, we didn't seem to have a set waiter for the table either which might have been part of the problem.

If we didn't have a little one it might not have felt so bad but even without it would have still felt too long

Don't regret the recommendation though.....the food was great

Offline thekeyclan

Must ditto what Jacqui says about both the restaurant and Hakan. Really surprised that your experience was so disappointing Steve. We have been using Matisse for a couple of years now each time we visit the area and the service has always been excellent. We are back in August, so it will be interesting to see!?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf