Author Topic: Monarch?.  (Read 15272 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Monarch?.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 09:20:30 AM »
That'll help Monarch stay in business

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 12:33:19 PM »
I,m hoping they put the flight later on 6th. I'd like a few more hours with grandbabies ;D

I,m writing this with a burst pipe flooding my lounge.. : :)I kid you not.

Kadir is  here now...I, m in Turkish mode..no stress for me, no siree  ;) ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 17:22:57 PM »
So the great EU make sure you get €400 back for a for hour delay! Probably more than the flight cost originally!

I'm all for airlines being accountable for delays but forcing them to fly you for free is a bit over the top IMO.

Basically we will all end up paying as they will just increase prices to cover their costs. It won't affect the Eurocrats though as they will just put in an (over inflated) expense claim for their flights!

Madness.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Monarch?.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 18:15:44 PM »
I wonder if people who transport goods for a job would think this is fair - so you have to deliver a load of turnips for £200 but if you are 4 hours late you instead have to pay the turnip farmer £400. Who would undertake such a risky deal?

No wonder Monarch are in difficult times. Who'd set up an airline under EU regulations these days...

And I voted remain.    ;)

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 20:41:31 PM »
So the great EU make sure you get €400 back for a for hour delay! Probably more than the flight cost originally!

I'm all for airlines being accountable for delays but forcing them to fly you for free is a bit over the top IMO.

Basically we will all end up paying as they will just increase prices to cover their costs. It won't affect the Eurocrats though as they will just put in an (over inflated) expense claim for their flights!

Madness.
So Stoop are you saying that airlines who have delays of 4hrs or more should not be liable to pay compensation to passengers.Ok we were just going to Portugal for a holiday. But what if I was say a business person having to be in Portugal for a very important contract meeting that could involve millions of pounds and 100s of jobs and because I wasn't at the meeting the contract was awarded to a competitor.Its the airlines fault but no compensation.We could have been going on a cruise and because of the delays we missed our connection so lost our cruise.There are many many reasons I imagine this EU ruling was brought in and not just to compensate holiday makers.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 20:45:42 PM »
But what if I was say a business person having to be in Portugal for a very important contract meeting that could involve millions of pounds and 100s of jobs and because I wasn't at the meeting the contract was awarded to a competitor.

If it was that critical, I would have taken an earlier flight.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 21:11:10 PM »

We could have been going on a cruise and because of the delays we missed our connection so lost our cruise.There are many many reasons I imagine this EU ruling was brought in and not just to compensate holiday makers.

Yes what with people going on cruises not being holiday makers of course.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 21:11:15 PM »
So if the earlier flight had been delayed four hours you would agree that compensation should have been paid  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 21:14:56 PM »
But what if I was say a business person having to be in Portugal for a very important contract meeting that could involve millions of pounds and 100s of jobs and because I wasn't at the meeting the contract was awarded to a competitor.

If it was that critical, I would have taken an earlier flight.

Nobody in business would expose themselves to the potential for a 4 hour delay putting 100s of jobs in jeopardy. As KKOB says we take an earlier flight or even more likely, arrived the day before.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 21:41:57 PM »

Madness.
So Stoop are you saying that airlines who have delays of 4hrs or more should not be liable to pay compensation to passengers.Ok we were just going to Portugal for a holiday. But what if I was say a business person having to be in Portugal for a very important contract meeting that could involve millions of pounds and 100s of jobs and because I wasn't at the meeting the contract was awarded to a competitor.Its the airlines fault but no compensation.We could have been going on a cruise and because of the delays we missed our connection so lost our cruise.There are many many reasons I imagine this EU ruling was brought in and not just to compensate holiday makers.

No - what I am saying is that compensation should be proportionate. €100 per hour seems excessive to me. Maybe it should be limited so so much an hour based on the flight cost. Unless, of course, it is proven that the airline have been negligent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf