Author Topic: MRI Scan in Turkey  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
MRI Scan in Turkey
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:25:24 AM »
I have got on going problem with my right leg, the last four days its got steadily worse, nothing is stopping the pain and now its becoming unbearable to weight bear on it for any length of time...
I know there is the Dr clinic down by Sunday market but he is not going to be able to see whst the problem is as there is nothing to see, so im sure he will say I need an mri scan, iv never had one of these before so can someone give me a rough idea of how much it will cost me please if that's what I need doing...many thanks...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: MRI Scan in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 06:56:22 AM »
Karen there is a Doctor's just next to the Chemists by the dolphinless roundabout.   Jim Fraser and his wife were signed up with him and he was their Doctor for a few years.   Jim always said he was very good and speaks English (Jim and Helen are back in Scotland as from this week).  Why not give this Doctor a try?.  If you need an MRI scan he would advise you and also let you know the costs.
Good luck, hope you will be better soon.

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:01:07 AM »
I have got on going problem with my right leg, the last four days its got steadily worse, nothing is stopping the pain and now its becoming unbearable to weight bear on it for any length of time...
I know there is the Dr clinic down by Sunday market but he is not going to be able to see whst the problem is as there is nothing to see, so im sure he will say I need an mri scan, iv never had one of these before so can someone give me a rough idea of how much it will cost me please if that's what I need doing...many thanks...

Good Morning Karennina

I don't know if this info will help, I hope so.

Sue & I are here ATM and both had VIP health checks recently at Esnaf.
The full charge was YTL600 each with an optional Scan for YTL100.00

Hopefully,  that is the sort of cost involved.

Hope that gives you some sort of idea on price.
( The foreign dept at Esnaf or Letoon Hosp should certainly be able to advise further)

Good luck hope you get it sorted, either way

Dave

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:07 AM »
Thanks Jacqui and Dave oh did not realise there is a doctor by the chemist i was in there yesterday buying stuff for my leg, you dont mean the clinic opposite Sok do you Jacqui? I know they had a bad rep years back with high costs...
Oh 100tl sounds good price, i will see how it goes in next few hours its fine if i hop on good leg but cant really do that for too long!  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »
Karen I will message Jim and ask him to advise you.  Remember the 100TL for the scan would then need an appointment with a Doctor to tell you the results, so that would be extra and so would any follow up treatment.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
Presumably the cost would be covered by your insurance.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 09:06:58 AM »
Karen,
I just found a message from Jim I had last year the Doctor is.
Dr Askın
Tel 02526133312
Its the clinic across from ŞOK along from the really new MIGROS thats next to the chemist.
I doubt Jim and Helen would have used this Doctor if he was ripping them off.
If you visit any Doctor ring your insurance company first and let them know.  They usually give you a reference number and then ask you to call them back after any Medical consultations.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »
Hi K. Doc Askin arranged on MRI scan at the Letoon Hospital for the Mrs. He phoned a friend and got an immediate appointment,  which he did not charge for. Cannot remember cost at Letoon but it was very cheap.
As for him overcharging - like most places he probably did if it was for an insurance claim,  can only say his charges to us over the years were OK.
You could always go direct to a hospital but may be a bit more time consuming getting consultations etc.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »
MRI scan at Esnaf is around 375. I had one done last month and found I had a disk nearly worn away, This caused compression on my nerves which gave me the leg pains.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 13:17:07 PM »
Thanks all for advice and info,it is a bit better the gardener from our complex went out and git me some different gel and some tablets, though im a bit reluctant to take the pills...
I doubt if my insurance will pay for any treatment as I had an accident at work four years ago which involved this leg so they will prob say its relsted to that! I dont know if it is or not...
Still cant really stand on it will see how it is in the morning.
At least I have an idea now of what Il be paying out if  a doctor suggests an mri scan...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf