Author Topic: A Sad Story  (Read 38129 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Sad Story
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 13:18:49 PM »
All too familiar stories and a "tradesman cycle" we've seen before on so many occasions.
  • Step 1: English speaking tradesman does a good job for someone on CBF
  • Step 2: Said CBF member recommends them on here and tradesman joins CBF himself.
  • Step 3: English speaking tradesman gets lots of work and makes lots of money.  Yippee!  Everyone's happy!
  • Step 4: Some folks start complaining about lack of contact - not answering emails, texts etc.
  • Step 5: Oh no, that can't be right say aforementioned tradesman's "chums" on CBF.  He's always on Facebook, get him there.
  • Stop 6: More people start complaining about lack of contact, poor quality workmanship etc
  • Step 7: Tradesman's "chums" start, one by one, to go silent.
  • Step 8: Work from CBF for tradesman dries up.  He stop posting also.
You could change "tradesman" to cafe, bar, restaurant... whatever.  The cycle has been the same for as long as I can remember in this area.

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 16:17:17 PM »

I think Emre  Kaymanli of the Sun Group will end up wishing he had paid Arty the money he owed her

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2016, 17:00:43 PM »
I think it is phenomenal that he took someone's money in July to do work and then never did it, refused to return the money, despite countless chances to, then when named and shamed he didn't feel bad about what he had done, he made Artymar feel bad about naming him (which she only did in desperation after exhausting all other avenues)...

...and after all that STILL has kept her money!!

Many people are watching, hundreds of British people on Facebook & Twitter with properties and/or money to spend in bars in Calis/Fethiye.

Do the decent thing

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 17:05:36 PM »
CBF Members and visitors - you can share this topic on Facebook by clicking HERE

Spread the word so other Expats don't get lose their hard earned money for no return.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 17:21:04 PM »
I think Emre Kaymanli of the Sun Group will end up wishing he had paid Arty the money he owed her

Did you really mean Emre Kaymanli of the Sun Group Kev?

I thought you might have meant Emre Kaymanli of the Sun Group.

Nothing like adding some keyword density for the sake of Mr Google and his rather large family of little googlebots  ;)

JF

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 17:53:37 PM »

I had a similar experience as Trainer with Emre Kaymanli of the Sun Group. Had a few jobs doe by him all at the same time. It appeared to me that they were not his workers but sub contractors he was an agent for. Door painting from cream to white, he took me to the supplier so I could buy all the "special" paint, doors full of runs, called him to come back and sort it, eventually the painter showed up, but no big difference when he left. Another job was our roof leak, after many years try of tracing the leak, I found it was the flashing where the solar heating tank supports go through the roof, the roofer came, I explained to Emre where the leak was he told the roofer (I think) the roofers mate knocked up 2 buckets of red cement, and promptly cemented the ridge tiles and left. less than 30 minutes on the roof and I was 1400tl lighter and still had the leak. At that rate the roofers were on 22,400tl for an eight hour day. Naturally I called Emre to explain and he told me it was to cover the twelve month warranty period??? and I was to call him if the roof still leaked. As with Trainer he was called many times, once they came again I explained where the leak was and the universal repair item, "silicone" was used, and it hasn't really rained since, so the warranty has run out.
Our first pool match of the season is against Sunshine, I will ask if he has paid his debt to Artymar, if enough people "remind" him maybe he will cough up. By the way it's, Emre Kaymanli of the Sun Group. I would never use them again for ANYTHING.

Offline Old Boy Racer

• Newly Registered
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 04:37:51 AM »
Emre has done unsatisfactory work for us, as well. He has also borrowed money and not repaid it. Like Artymar we were loath to name and shame, for the sake of his family.
Emre comes across as a personable, reliable and friendly person. To begin with nothing is too much trouble, and when we moved here 5 years ago his help and knowledge were invaluable. We finally fell out this year. My advice is the same as other members. Never give Emre money upfront, and check the finished job thoroughly before parting with your cash.

Offline davybill

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 08:15:24 AM »
Well I will be one person not to use the Sunshine again.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »
Isnt this forum great, I get a text message tonight from Engin wanting to put things right for me,

So, are you going to take the opportunity that he's offered you ?

the opportunity offered is "too little & to late " you may pass that info on to Engin too

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 12:29:26 PM »
Isnt this forum great, I get a text message tonight from Engin wanting to put things right for me,

So, are you going to take the opportunity that he's offered you ?

the opportunity offered is "too little & to late " you may pass that info on to Engin too

Did you get the money for the emergency plumber you had to get out?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf