Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 4063 times)

Offline billy3107

Thomas Cook
« on: November 23, 2016, 13:34:46 PM »
I am one of Thomas Crooks biggest critics. However credit where credit is due I travelled from Manchester to Antalya on 15/11/2016 my flight time was 14.40 I always give myself plenty of time to get to the airport there was a massive delay on the M6 North Junction 19 was completely closed I was stuck in a 15 mile traffic jam for a good 2 hours . My daughter phoned Thomas Cook and advised them of my predicament they stated they were aware of the problem and had extended the check in time to 14.10 if I was later than that they would try and help me. I arrived at the check in desk at 14.07 checked in and was on the aeroplane taking off at 14.45.

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 14:28:50 PM »
credit where credit is due

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 21:29:56 PM »
Good to know they get it right sometimes and probably more often than we might think   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 22:15:32 PM »
We hated T.Cook for a long time and had used other Airlines, however, in September/October we booked T.C from Glasgow it was a last minute thing due to Phil being called for Jury. 
Flight was on time, plane was clean and seats were comfy, staff were really pleasant and the meals were so surprisingly good.  We booked a package with luggage, seats and meal.  We both remarked it was the best  meal for a flight to Turkey we had every tasted.   Journey back was the same, no complaints again. 
All in all T.C came up trumps this time. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 22:20:40 PM »
We both remarked it was the best meal for a flight to Turkey we had every tasted. 

James Martin puts his name to the meals doe he not ?  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 22:22:55 PM »
We both remarked it was the best meal for a flight to Turkey we had every tasted. 

James Martin puts his name to the meals doe he not ?    :)

Yes he does, probably why they have improved so much.  I would recommend them.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 22:55:15 PM »
Horrible company, still wont use them.  Bet the Shepherd family wont either.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »

James Martin puts his name to the meals doe he not ?   :)

Trust a Yorkshireman to sort it  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 14:41:46 PM »
Neither would we John... No matter how cheap the flights are or how good the food is.. Despicable company...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 17:30:02 PM »
Yes, we always hated T.C  in the past we had real problems with them and even got the Tradiing Standards involved five years ago. We had not used T.C.  since then.  However, we had to take this flight as it was last minute and we did  not have a lot of options in Scotland.  There was nothing for Aberdeen and nothing for Edinburgh only Glasgow was available and ony T.C.   Correction,  there were Thomson flights from Aberdeen and available for when we needed to go.  We could not book as they only book for 1 or 2 weeks and will not give you flights for 1 month, even though the girls in the Thomson's shop told us there were plenty of flight available and they could not fill them because they we 50% down on holidays to Turkey.
We had to take the T.C. Flight and as I said, no complaints.  They were a horrible company in the past, but I have to say these flights were perfect with no problems.  Beggars cannot be choosers in Scotland.  I know in England there is plenty of choice for flights.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf