Author Topic: Any need for travel insurance if have residency with health care policy  (Read 12706 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Any need for travel insurance if have residency with health care policy
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 17:22:34 PM »
Thank you Sadler I definetely will you are right they would try not to pay out if like you say worst case scenario...my current policy expires in April and he wont be going anywhere before then so i think i wont do anything until I renew with who ever it may be!   :)

Offline marina

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 19:16:03 PM »
Agree with sadler completely Karennina. You do need to tell them everything or they will find any excuse not to pay out. To me if you are forking out for travel insurance there's no point not declaring something and run the risk of not being covered.
Really pleased the diagnosis not as bad as you'd feared.   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 20:16:25 PM »
Thank you Marina   :) i know you are all so right i will get some quotes i think before renewing in April and add it when doing the quote   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 21:34:00 PM »
Glad it hasn't spread Karen and will be well monitored, you sound like you have a very god gp.

I made John go to Letoon last year for a well man check up.
He was horrified that they checked his prostate from within as I had told him it would only be a blood test.
Given all the stuff we women go through its not bad and he now has a baseline psa blood level.
Dont be shy boys..go and get checked. 

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Lotty

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 22:21:29 PM »
I can't stress enough how important this is. As the previous posts confirm, if it is caught early enough it can be controlled. Symptoms like peeing more frequently or sudden urgent need to pee should be addressed as quickly as possible. A simple PSA test result and examination can put your mind at rest. Many men get prostate cancer in old age and it's not really a concern as it is painless and monitored closely, (watchful waiting). In these instances men will die WITH prostrate cancer, but not OF it. Sadly my husband Martin's prostate cancer was discovered too late and it had already broken out of the capsule and spread, firstly to his bones and then progressively to his lungs and liver. We were lucky to have 3 and a half years after initial diagnosis. Martin was only 56 when he died last April and the one thing he was passionate about was that all men, fathers, husbands, brothers and sons should be aware that this CAN be treated and closely monitored if caught early enough.

Offline sadler

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 22:25:59 PM »
Lotty, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 05:21:01 AM »
Come on then boys. You all owe it to Lotty's Martin to make sure you go and get checked.
So very sad and so young, and so treatable if caught in time.
Lots of love to you Lotty x

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »
It is a fact that a man's prostrate will get larger as they grow older.  It is also a fact that men are terrible for not visiting the Doctor and putting things off.   >:(
If you have not done it before, do it now, go and make an appointment for a check up.  This cancer is so treatable if caught in time. 
Lotty has been very brave after losing Martin, the love of her life.  So boy's read the great advice she has given and act on it.   ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 20:34:31 PM »
Oh Lotty I am so sorry to hear that it was prostate cancer you lost your lovely husband to, I knew it was cancer but not that it was prostate truly I am deeply sorry to hear that his had spread and could not be cured...
We know that Derek has been very fortunate purely because he has yearly well man checks at work and on this years test result his psa had risen and fortunately our gp followed everything up...we are also fortunate that his is a non aggressive slow growing form...
Thank you Linda yes I think a lot of men are put off once they realise how the prostate is examined it is over and done with in a few minutes and to a gp its no different to feeling a foot or an arm...
Certainly if you notice any difference in your normal weeing habits and are 50+ a quick visit to your gp is soo worth having it checked out...

Offline Lotty

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 22:04:13 PM »
I really hope that all men young and old will have these simple checks. I would give anything - ANYTHING  for Martin to have been checked earlier. We just didn't know.

Karrenina, I'm so glad Derek has the non aggressive, slow growing form, it really is the most common type which once diagnosed is then monitored closely and rarely escalates. Life will carry on as normal.   :)

Women have similar discomforts with smear tests, breast checks etc. Nobody wants to have them, but really, all these tests are fairly painless and over in no time. If it saves your life. . . for me it's a no brainer.

PS - it was still so hard for me to even write this, Martin was incredibly courageous knowing there was no hope of recovery and I miss him so much every day. Thank you ladies for your kind words.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf