Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 35285 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »
Went to mud baths it was very busy, not height of season busy, in hisaronu last night, alot of bars with people in,alot without. People about though that's the main thing,although bar owners are saying it's slow x Byram soon, and expect there to be alot of Turkish families visiting.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »
all are saying the same thing, this is the worst start to a season they have ever experienced.

I don't think, in all the years of visiting Fethiye, I have ever heard the start of a season described (by folks in tourism related businesses) as anything other than bad/poor/worst for X number of years, etc.  Very often, while telling me this I'd be getting shown pics of their holiday to Thailand/new 4x4/new boat/new bar/new house and so on.

Last year was a crippler for a lot of small businesses, but by all accounts many have not only survived but managed to refurbish premises, expand existing businesses and even opened new premises.

Maybe we've all got it wrong and Turkonomics does really work  :)

JF

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2017, 15:18:23 PM »
Finally got to eat at Laika this lunchtime. Food very good & different from the norm - no rice chips & salad here   ;)- 3 x salad mains: chicken ceasar, spicy chicken & tuna, 4 glasses wine, 3 beers & an iced coffee 140tl. Service good, but not "in your face". Will definitely go again

Most expensive item on the menu 46tl for steak

Offline George Warner

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2017, 16:35:42 PM »
Liz, so glad for the good report,we successfully bid for the promise at the Charity Auction without even knowing where it was!

Offline Fran

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2017, 21:23:52 PM »
Their cocktails are very good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline busybee

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2017, 06:48:29 AM »
The Sunday market was pretty busy with holidaymakers.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2017, 08:04:29 AM »
We have been to 3 Sunday Markets this time.  We noted so many people around the food items, but no so many around the clothes and jewellery.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2017, 10:08:09 AM »
find that the clothes market on a sunday getting quite expensive and the quality not as good. have tried a few shops in fethiye and found them to be better quality AND CHEAPER.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »
Changing the subject... In 18 years of visiting and staying for very long periods here in Hisaronu... we have had to walk through the centre of Hisaronu at 10 ish o`clock the last couple of evenings... not sure if its because there are less people about.. but the noise level coming from the many bars all competing with each other  is  /  was the most horrendous ever we have experienced  >:( >:(    for at least 300 yards of Bar street... and the average age of most visitors walking around  about  late  fifties  ????....  but mindless moronic  boom boom rap  music blaring out ..blasting your ear drums as you walk through it....MINI MARMARIS`its become....and there are actually restaurants  in between the bars ???... how  people  can sit and eat and talk through that din is beyond me... but they do...thankfully we are off back to the UK  today for three months.... I cant even begin to imagine what July and August will be like out here at night....

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2017, 15:16:13 PM »
I agree it was horrendous. We went to a quiz at fez bar, walking back up was really loud. That was with being sedated by the delicious mud slide cocktails they serve at fez.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf