Author Topic: Sleeping well  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Sleeping well
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »
I take it every day. Definitely in need of a few rays! However, I also read that even people who live in hot countries can suffer from Vitamin D deficiency and they will also benefit.  8)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »
Anyone remember having Cod Liver oil given to them as a child? Now I know it was the old fashioned way of giving children Vitamin D in post war Britain which was  still on rationing.
I remember that - and thinking it was horrible. At the same time I remember taking tablespoons of malt extract - sweet, thick, sticky, dark brown goo, ladled from a huge jar. I have no idea what that was supposed to do, but it was lovely and worth having a cold just to get treated with it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »
I can remember when the only olive oil we had in the house was in a small bottle with a dropper and it was only used to treat ear infections.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 13:16:56 PM »
I can remember when the only olive oil we had in the house was in a small bottle with a dropper and it was only used to treat ear infections.
OMG I remember that KKOB....And I remember that you could only buy Olive Oil in the chemists and it was in a small glass bottle and was horrendously expensive. :o

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 14:16:03 PM »

We were sent off to school dosed up with spoonfuls of Cod Live Oil, Radio Malt and Concentrated Orange juice, which were

issued free from a local Welfare Clinic, and all day long you kept tasting the Cod Liver Oil. Good long term benefits though.    ;)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 15:15:48 PM »
Hmmm welfare Orange juice, was almost worth the cod liver oil. The PLJ in hot water with  honey stirred in and an orange junior aspirin when you had a bad cough n cold. I remember nicking my first nieces  Delrosa, rosehip syrup, kids had it in water but it was lovely straight out the bottle.Dunno what it was for though.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 17:08:41 PM »
I used to love the welfare orange juice, it came in a sort of medicine bottle and it was all mine as nobody liked it but me. We also had stuff called Virol which is similar to malt but disgusting to me.

To speed up the birth of my first daughter, the midwife told me to drink one of the small bottles of olive oil on the morning that my baby was 10 days late.  It worked. 8)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 17:26:44 PM »
If any of our younger members has trouble sleeping they might try reading these "all our yesterdays" posts and they should be off in two ticks. I'm glad to have contributed to CBF's all round service.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 18:04:37 PM »
Thank's for the m........  Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 19:01:01 PM »
My youngest grandchildren are too busy chasing Pokemons to take any notice of me anyway!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf