Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23902 times)

Offline scorcher

Re: Help!!
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »
Snidy is just plain wrong - snidey fits the bill... ;D

Offline Ally B

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »
Thats all we need, another school teacher.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 15:58:08 PM »
That's.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 17:26:00 PM »
This is the kind of sniping that discourages people from posting on here. It is an informal forum where people should be able to join in without having a dictionary or book on punctuation at hand. Can I ask you "did you not under stand what was posted". If you did understand "whats your problem"  If you make a list of any mistakes in my post please let me know and I will go to bed without any supper.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 17:30:26 PM »
Loujasmin, I hope your husband is past the worst of the itchiness/pain. I used to be bitten very frequently (with Hilary sitting next to me untouched) and suffer with allergic reactions to the bites. Like Mercury, the only thing that really helped me was antihistamine tablets - preferably started in the UK the day before flying out. For me these stopped the bites from forming into large blisters (50p piece size) and even when already blistered reduced the suffering time to 36 hours or so. I have never bought antihistamine in Turkey but pharmacists may stock it - helpfully Turkish for "antihistamine" is "antihistamin". It could help the rest of his holiday.

P.S. I now never get bitten by mosquitoes and Hilary gets plagued with them. I put that down to the ten different medications I am required to take each day poisoning my blood and making it unsuitable for baby mozzies. I don't recommend that as a solution.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 17:45:23 PM by Colwyn »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 21:49:15 PM »
What a snidy and unpleasant remark, true colours showing again... mind you, at least Ally B seems to approve of your remark.

Guess what, just because you say it's so, it doesn't mean it is so.

JF

Lets get this straight J.T. I consider you are the King of snide, you thrive on it. An administrator who is,  I assume, suppose to help members, but comes all the time with cutting and rude remarks, which, I am sure would put off any prospective new  members.  Now you have even taken the exulted position of criticising a  member who dare to like post you do not.   Do members need to be careful and only like posts you approve of in future?  As usual,  you are an anonymous unpleasant cyber bully, hiding behind just a set of initials.  Easy to be rude to people when no one knows who you are. I am willing to meet up with you in Calis sometime (if you are still visiting Turkey) you can then tell me face to face about my snide postings. 
Colwyn, has taken a moral stand not to come to Turkey as he does not like the Political situation. That is his prerogative.  He chooses to stay as a member of this Turkish forum, to get advice should he decide to return,  but he is always involved in any posting that make remarks about me, as he did on this post, regarding a Chemists. This is not information gathering.  However, it is fine, it is not snide because it is Colwyn.
I am sure, like me, other members, do not like the politics in Turkey either.  However, we still chose to come to Turkey as we love the place and we also love and have great affection for the people in our local area who over the years we have made friends with, and would hate seeing any of their businesses suffer from lack of tourists.  We, like others did think of selling up as we hate the Politics just now and what the future may hold, but we will be staying.
In fact, if we all decided not to come to Calis and the local resorts anymore  because of Turkish Government policies, the resorts would soon suffer and possibly would not recover and close down.  Then we would no longer need to use a Turkish Forum.  Colwyn would have nowhere to write and the Admin would be out of a job.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 22:45:43 PM »
Colwyn, has taken a moral stand not to come to Turkey as he does not like the Political situation. That is his prerogative.  He chooses to stay as a member of this Turkish forum, to get advice should he decide to return,  but he is always involved in any posting that make remarks about me, as he did on this post, regarding a Chemists. This is not information gathering.  However, it is fine, it is not snide because it is Colwyn.

Jacqui. with respect - I have to tell you that I am astounded by that attack on Colwyn, one of the most respected CFB members in my opinion. I am fairly sure he knows more about Turkey than you or I have forgotten. Once again you have made a sweeping statement that he (Colwyn) has stayed a member to get advice should he return. Are you seriously suggesting that, even if that was the case, which I severely doubt, he should not be allowed to do so.

PS Sorry Colwyn but I needed to respond
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 22:59:25 PM by Highlander »

Offline laytos115

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 08:33:14 AM »
Every year I buy the Mosquito Zap It, it can be purchased in boots or online and cost around £5 o £6. Been using it for years! On the top is a push button, place the bottom against the bite and press button about four times. The bottom gives a small electric current into the bite! It doesn't hurt, and stops itching and prevents the bite turning into nasty scabs. if you google it under the wording Zap It, it should come up. Small and compact I have a couple which I always carry with me.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »
I interpret a lot of the remarks on here as humour and find most of them amusing.  I thought scorchers two posts at the top quite funny and didn’t think they were nasty - (JohnF also wrote “snidy”  so give him some stick as well please   ;) )

I laughed at Highlander’s back to front cliche,
“I am fairly sure he knows more about Turkey than you or I have forgotten”   
I doubt that H will take offence at me pointing it out.

I can see how some will be upset at sarcasm and perhaps it should be kept more to the regular posters to avoid scaring people off?
There is some responsibility on both sides though.  Yes, Jacqui evokes unkind responses from certain  people but Jacqui could take some ownership too. 
Surely, after all this time, you know what causes a reaction Jacqui?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »
Highlander, whilst I thank you for your support, I think too much fuss is being made over a few silly remarks from the usual source. Best ignored I suggest.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf