Author Topic: is it possible to live of my intrest in turkey ?  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Nataliem

• Newly Registered
Re: is it possible to live of my intrest in turkey ?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 13:59:46 PM »
Don't forget the tax on that 13% interest..  You will only end up with about 7 or 8%  if that.. In the real world of funding a job in Fethiye/Calis it is a no.. There is always done "well meaning" person willing to get you deported for trying...Interest you would be living in is roughly £50 a week at those rates... Sorry to burst your bubble.. I know it may seem a small thing but I have also known people who go to live in Turkey and find out that it isn't always sunny either and can be very wet and cold in the Winter.  Think very carefully and do lots of research.
Thank you for your reply that's really helpful information .  yes I've been in Turkey in October November December Jan and Feb I realise it's not all sunshine xx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Nataliem

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 14:01:04 PM »
Add a 0 to your 30K and you might be ok. Interest rates are around 12-14% at the moment so interest pa on 30K isn't enough to live on.

It's not easy to find employers here that will go to the trouble of forking out for a work permit which apart from the cost takes a good couple of months to process and can be rejected if they're not convinced a Turkish person couldn't do the job and a foreigner is needed to be employed.

Some people risk working without a work permit and mostly the local Jandarma have better things to do than worry about foreigners working without a permit but if someone is reported they will investigate and deportation is a real possibility.
Thank you Nichola for your very useful info xxx

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 21:12:55 PM »
Brilliant post, Nichola.

A voice of reason and years of practical experience to support it.

Nataliem will do well to listen to you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf