Author Topic: All Time Best Ever UK to Dalaman Airline  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
All Time Best Ever UK to Dalaman Airline
« on: June 03, 2018, 22:32:26 PM »
Your best - overall - including quality, punctuality, availability, price etc...

If you can think of any others let me know   :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: All Time Best Ever UK to Dalaman Airline
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 22:46:00 PM »
A hard one as for quality of service and punctuality its got to be THY, but on the flip side, for convenience it has to be EasyJet from EDI.  If you don't get in when the EasyJet flights are released, price wise there's not much in it.  In fact THY via IST is often (considerably) cheaper than EasyJet, and it gets me loads of smiles.

JF

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 22:46:31 PM »
We used to buy the flight only deal (BMI) from Exclusive Escapes and on our first flight, were greeted before check-in by name -   felt like royalty!    The service was fantastic both in the airport and on board the plane and there was so much room.  Miss them and Monarch so much.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 22:51:17 PM »
Yes the short lived BMI service was fabulous - I remember once taking off from Dalaman  then in no time landing at Antalya to pick up a batch of golfers  :)

But for me, Aegean/Onur was amazing - 4 returns (always on time) from Dalaman to Manchester for £280. Gets my vote :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 23:00:48 PM »
If you don't get in when the EasyJet flights are released, price wise there's not much in it. 

Maybe a few years ago - now even getting easyjet booked as soon as the flights are released isn't the bargain it once was. I booked our October flights immediately they were released (at around 5:30 am) and 4 returns cost me £1041.21 - not exactly my idea of a bargain.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 23:17:41 PM »
In recent years my problem has been that I've not been able to book ahead - plus it's been IST rather than DLM I was heading to, so THY from EDI was always first choice.

Just done a couple of random(ish) searches. 

THY from Edinburgh to Dalaman (flag carrier with all the treats like hold bag, food, alcohol etc included) are sitting at £272rtn in September and £250rtn in October.

EasyJet (including 23kg each way) are £408rtn for exact same week in September, and £447rtn  for the same week in October.

If time isn't an issue I know what I would choose  :)

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf