Author Topic: Our holiday review  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Christie

Our holiday review
« on: July 02, 2018, 21:28:33 PM »
We have enjoyed reading details of other members holiday summaries, so thought we would add ours as well.   We stayed at the Delta, we love this hotel everyone is so helpful, friendly and efficient there.  Thoroughly enjoyed being there.   We tend to stick to restaurants that we know, so most of our meals were at Bella Mama and Georges - both places excellent food.  We also enjoyed meals at CB Indian, Meeting Point, EJs and we tried Babzem kebab, first time at Babzem, although we loved the ambience of the place we were both a bit disappointed with the meal it seemed a bit bland, but we gave it another try and opted for the casseroles which we enjoyed.   We walked to Fethiye (once) as we thought we could cut through the new park which looks fantastic, but unfortunately is not finished so we could not go through it, which made the walk to Fethiye quite a long hot one - hopefully the work will be completed and it will be open in September. Enjoyed our days on the beach albeit surrounded by discarded beer bottle tops and fag ends !We both felt this was one of our most enjoyable holidays in Calis. 

Disappointments

So many people smoking in restaurants, hate it when people smoke next to us when we are trying to enjoy a meal.   We have got so used to 'no smoking' in most places at home , so we found it really irritating that people seemed to smoke like there was no tomorrow in Calis. 

Promenade - Is it a promenade or a road ! so much traffic.   We spent most days and nights eating in restaurants along the prom and were amazed at the amount of cycles, electric scooters, motor bikes/scooters using the prom as a road.  This despite a sign at the beginning of the prom stating no cycles.   We were strolling along one night and a young lad was cycling at some speed into the back of us, I just managed to put my arm out to stop him from knocking us over, leaving me with bruised arm.   

Beach - As the Delta does not have a pool, we used the beach quite a lot.   Lovely view, beautiful breeze but people go on the beach at night and just dump bottle tops and fag ends for someone else to clear up, such a shame they have no respect for the beach area.

However, all the good things about our holiday outweigh the disappointments.

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
Re: Our holiday review
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:15:49 AM »
Nice reading your reviews. Bella Mamma's pasta dishes were fantastic value and quality, and I like the reserved type of service in there.
Georges was spot on as usual, and the chap on the front( forgotten his name sorry)  is a lovely bloke.

Agree about the smoking,  maybe a restaurant could be bold enough to remove its ash trays for the evening sittings, and advertise the fact. Could be a good enticement. 
The electric golf trolley things could become an issue if the craze continues.  Saw a few people speeding on the prom, and a few groups of young ones on them.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Our holiday review
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 20:39:34 PM »
Great to see all your reviews - keep em coming!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf